Resolume and Decklink Intensity Shuttle conflict issues.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
elbundlo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume and Decklink Intensity Shuttle conflict issues.

Post by elbundlo »

Has anyone had conflict issues using a Blackmagic Decklink Shuttle with Resolume? With Windows 10?
I have.
What is happening is this: Resolume seems to work fine until I plug in the Intensity shuttle (USB 3). Then all sorts of weird things start happening - the mouse freezes momentarily, the program appears unregistered for a while (I am using a dongle) and then it crashes.
The funny thing is that it seemed to work fine a couple of days ago.
I have just updated the driver for the intensity shuttle, but still no joy.
Any suggestions?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Resolume and Decklink Intensity Shuttle conflict issues.

Post by Zoltán »

Yeah the driver seems to reset on it's own for me too, resets all the USB controllers.
Happens for me also without Resolume running, sometimes it works for a while sometimes not. No idea why.
Sometimes I see the shuttle in the Desktop video, but Media Express says it's not connected. Weird.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

elbundlo

Post by elbundlo »

Yeah, it's like a USB conflict. I can see that in the Blackmagic desktop video setup, the Decklink loses connection momentarily. it keeps disappearing from the Sources menu in Resolume at the same time. I am also using a USB trackball mouse and I also lose control of that at the same time. I have just left Resolume on while I had my dinner, got back, and it was still running fine. Blackmagic video setup running too. It's as soon as you connect the two. One more thing - I kept on getting messages that the camera was turned on or off, so I disabled it in settings, didn't make any difference though...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

An older BMD driver like 10.11.4 could help.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

elbundlo

Post by elbundlo »

Solved!
The problem was a cheap USB dock. Doh!
Note to self: Always check for the most obvious thing before jumping to conclusions...