Arena 7 cannot recognize all of the screen

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
wongkachun48
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena 7 cannot recognize all of the screen

Post by wongkachun48 »

Hello, I've just installed arena 7(version7.3.1) recently and I'm having a test with my Mac.

Hardware:
Mac Pro(2019)
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
3.5Ghz intel Xeon W
48GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB x2

I have total of 9 screen(include my control main screen),and my Mac is available to recognize all of them.
But Arena cannot, no matter how I try to change the screen or setup, I can only see 8 screen on Arena.

Does anyone have this issue before?Need for help.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 7 cannot recognize all of the screen

Post by Zoltán »

Are all of these physical screens, connected directly to your GPU?
No Airplay, and USB converters?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

wongkachun48

Post by wongkachun48 »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 09:34 Are all of these physical screens, connected directly to your GPU?
No Airplay, and USB converters?
My Mac pro's dual card only have one hdmi port each, so I do have thunderbolt 3 converters to get more hdmi connectors.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

100% a problem with TB3 lol. IDK if Mac is any better with utilizing all of those ports, but I believe AMD is hard capped at 6 total display outs. My Windows machines can use TB3 but it's about a 35-40% chance that TB3 works the way it was advertised on my adapters, I try to avoid it like the plague.
I don't own a mac or I'd try to help troubleshoot some more, but my money is on TB3 being the culprit.

wongkachun48

Post by wongkachun48 »

Arvol wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 17:17 100% a problem with TB3 lol. IDK if Mac is any better with utilizing all of those ports, but I believe AMD is hard capped at 6 total display outs. My Windows machines can use TB3 but it's about a 35-40% chance that TB3 works the way it was advertised on my adapters, I try to avoid it like the plague.
I don't own a mac or I'd try to help troubleshoot some more, but my money is on TB3 being the culprit.
Actually I've think about the TB3 adapters might be a problem,but what confused me is all my TB3 output screen works normally with other software,or even use them as just a screen.

But when it comes to Arena , I just cannot get more than 8 screens. Don't know if there is any limitations or hardware incompatible.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume should be able to use all the physical display outputs your machine recognizes.
Unfortunately we don't have this exact setup to test with.
We're also in contact via email about this.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu