We find bugs and ....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
AEK
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

We find bugs and ....

Post by AEK »

Hi friends !

n February, serious problems were discovered in the OSC (topic: resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20365). Today is May. There is still no Resolume build, with fixes. And there is no timeline for new releases. It seems to me that this is not a very good situation. Maybe it makes sense to work more quickly on the release of releases with fixed bugs?

Andrey.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: We find bugs and ....

Post by He2neg »

Calm down, there wasnt a bug, you requested a new feature in the first place.

After two very nice ppl tried to give you a work around and multiple trys there was somthing strange happen and it was noticed by the devs and sure be taken care of.

yes its not transparent when and how this (minor) problem will be fixed but you can be sure they are working on something.

I thought if i just ignore this new topic and dont say anything, but now its done.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

AEK

Post by AEK »

I know and appreciate that the company's employees work hard. But, it's a pity that the feedback from the development team is very weak. Users never know not only about plans for the release of new versions (this can be explained and understandable), but also assemblies with bug fixes (this is just very upsetting). And, unfortunately, the company's policy excludes user participation in the creation of new versions at the beta testing stage. It is also upsetting. The practice of many companies shows that attracting users at the beta testing stage significantly reduces the number of bugs in the final releases.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I have yet to find ANY other software team that has MORE user interaction than Resolume does.
I'd love you to try this out with Adobe, GrandMA, Vectorworks. Let me know how that goes for you, I still have emails from 2 years ago that haven't been answered.

Chill out dude or no-one on here will be inclined to help you. If you have an issue maybe try a direct email to the company rather than dragging names through the mud. An attitude like yours isn't going to get you very far.

AEK

Post by AEK »

I am very surprised that my post is perceived as something offensive. It seemed to me that the Forum exists for open statements on any issues. I just shared my misunderstanding of why recognized bugs take so long to be fixed. And nothing more! :?
Regarding how the work on eliminating bugs and attracting clients at the beta testing stage is structured, I can give an example of MadMapper. We have been working with him for over 5 years.
https://forum.garagecube.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35415

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

AEK wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:00 And there is no timeline for new releases. It seems to me that this is not a very good situation. Maybe it makes sense to work more quickly on the release of releases with fixed bugs?
If we'd publish a timeline, and we can't make it, then people would be upset by that.

Making software is not like an assembly line, where you know exactly what your throughput is, and when a 100 items will be ready ;)

The OSC Tempo divide not worky issue number in the system is #14951 you'll find this in the release notes when it can be fixed.
As I said already, I can't give an estimate when we can do it.

It's great that you reported the issue, and we're thankful for it!
If you find other issues, please make new topics for those.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

AEK

Post by AEK »

Thank you, Zoltán. We are looking forward to the update. Once again, I will repeat that it is a pity to be in the role of passive waiting, and not to take part in the role of a beta tester ... :(

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

...And, unfortunately, the company's policy excludes user participation in the creation of new versions at the beta testing stage.
...not true. It's literally just not visible for you.
...I will repeat that it is a pity to be in the role of passive waiting, and not to take part in the role of a beta tester
...It's quite easy to get one. Just be a kind, helpful and regular member of the forum. ;)

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

AEK

Post by AEK »

Oh, that's how ... Ie only kind and helpful people are allowed to beta testing. I didn’t make it on this list. :roll: Thanks for clarifying. Now I know.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

AEK wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:52 Oh, that's how ... Ie only kind and helpful people are allowed to beta testing. I didn’t make it on this list. :roll: Thanks for clarifying. Now I know.
Dont take it personal. I´m also not on this list ;) They have a bunch of ppl with also some programming skills or advanced knowledge etc....

A bit of love to the team =)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~