Assign masters to Slices?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
rolandmc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Assign masters to Slices?

Post by rolandmc »

Not a bug here, just a question on the best way to achieve something:

I have a one output job pushing content to 6 different LED walls. I'm slicing up the composition and sending each LED wall a discrete slice.

My question is: What's the best way to have independent video level control over each slice? My current plan is to have layer 1 play the content to all slices and then use layers 2-7 to blend in a black slide to get varying levels of "dimming" available per slice.

Is there a better way to do this, preferably without eating up so many layers? I know I can play the content on layers 1-6 and just rout them to each independent slice, but I think that chews up more processing power, am I correct in assuming that?

Is it possible to simply assign a master to a slice (and control it via DMX shortcut)?

Thank you in advance for the advice.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Assign masters to Slices?

Post by Arvol »

Turn on transform on all of your layers. Then add in all of the slices you want use on all of those slice transforms. Then map the Bypass of each slice to a controller and use the "selected layer" mapping to select a layer and change what slice you will be sending to.

rolandmc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by rolandmc »

Thank you,

If I'm understanding this right, in the end I will have 6 layers mapped to 6 different slices and I will need to always trigger them at the same time to keep my content in sync, after which I can change the masters independently... Is this correct?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

No.
Each layer would have it's own FX of Slice Transform with all of your slices added.
You would then external control the Bypass function of each slice. Then all you need to do is select a layer and turn slices on or off for that layer. This way any content can be mapped to any layer. The only thing you will have to keep in mind is the layer order, so the stuff on the higher layers will blend over the stuff on the lower layers.