sound randomly fade off

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SHP
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

sound randomly fade off

Post by SHP »

Hello

I seem to be hitting a bug which fades out the audio for a couple of seconds. It then comes back in, in the right place. It's as if it's fading out for the watermark but then there's no watermark. (Obviously this is with a licenced copy).

It's been happening on Version 7.3.3 and I've rolled back to version 7.3.2 and version 7.3.1 rev 72880 (which seems to minimise it but it's still happening!)

I'm on tour ATM so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: sound randomly fade off

Post by He2neg »

Do you have any external controlles connected artnet / osc / midi

if so then i would check if there is anything coming in....

also do you see were it does happen (layer / clip / comp?`) anything moving ?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

SHP
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by SHP »

We've an Enntec artnet device which is controlling a single DMX fixture and this isn't affected by the fade outs.

Last night we had it happen 5 or 6 times in a 45min. So I now don't think there's any differences between the releases I've tried. We did have this show working fine in Oct last year so I'm now thinking it might be a windows thing?

The show is playing DXV3 files for the video and WAV files for the music (which are all set to run back to back)

I've just moved back to the latest version of resolume and increased the audio buffer to 2048 but it's happen again this morning...

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

What is your selected audio device? What are you outputting to?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

SHP wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:02 We've an Enntec artnet device which is controlling a single DMX fixture and this isn't affected by the fade outs.

Did you make sure that there isnt anything beside coming in over artnet?

prferences / artnet / little arrow on the topright side there you can see what is happening in real time

when you have this open and the soundfade happens and you cant see anything then you are sure
repeat this for osc / midi or switch it off complete
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~