Arena will not open compositions

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Tacquisto
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena will not open compositions

Post by Tacquisto »

I’ve been using arena 7 for as long as it has been out, and until recently have had no problems (other than user errors lol). Now my compositions will not load, and arena becomes unresponsive when trying to load my main composition.

The only thing that has changed in the last couple months is updating from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3, and after downgrading back to 7.3.2 the problem persists. I have reloaded backups of the composition from hard drives with no problems in the past, but now neither the local file or backup file will open.

I really don’t want to have to recreate my entire resolume comp if I don’t have to. If anyone’s had similar problems and knows a solution I would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, if I am being an idiot and missed something I would also like to know how so I can avoid that in the future.

Laptop specs:
Mojave 10.14.6
MacBook Pro 2018
16gb 2400 MHz ddr4

Thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena will not open compositions

Post by Zoltán »

Seems like it was Smart synced dropbox files hanging the load process, while they were syncing to disk.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Arena will not open compositions

Post by Arvol »

Rule #1: NEVER put anything Resolume related on a cloud drive that you intend to use for a show. Cloud drives are great for backing up files and sharing. Leave it at that ;)