Carbon Copy for Remote Development

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
JoshuahJest
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Carbon Copy for Remote Development

Post by JoshuahJest »

Heyo!

10 year user and I finally have a question worth bothering the forum about!

I am trying to clone a Resolume setup from one computer to another for remote development of an installation.

I have duplicated all files in User\Documents\Resolume Arena\ folder. Even tried duplicating everything in the Program files\Resolume Arena\ folder as well. However, when I load a composition I get error messages informing me that the various Effects, transforms, and automations I have added to Compositions, Layers, and Clips have not loaded.
2021-07-12 19_04_21-Resolume Arena - R13 2.0 (12.29) (3840 x 2160).png
Even after creating, saving, and copying presets for all Comps, Layers, and Clips the Composition on the second computer does not load presets automatically. This would not be too much of a problem, but the composition I am working on utilizes hundreds of clips and multiple effects per clip by necessity.

Is it possible to save and transfer all of these configurations and have them load on a second computer? Not sure what I am missing, or if it can even be done.

A collect/consolidate and save feature would be so nice.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Carbon Copy for Remote Development

Post by Zoltán »

Make sure you have the same Resolume version on both ends. Looks like this copy is older, pre 7.3.
7.3+ compositions are not compatible with earlier versions.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

JoshuahJest
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Carbon Copy for Remote Development

Post by JoshuahJest »

Yup. I setup the computers one day apart. One before an update, and one after. :roll:

Thanks!