OSC values smooth at first, then over time get stuttery

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vectorfuton
Is taking Resolume on a second date

OSC values smooth at first, then over time get stuttery

Post by vectorfuton »

So, bit of a headscratcher I've recently been dealing with.

I've got several Deck / 'Scenes' in Avenue / Ableton, and when I generate / send OSC messages from Live to Avenue, they launch no problem. Dashboard Dials / Macros move as they should, and I can see smooth value interpolation (or *whatever* kinda movement, as the case may be) that matches in Ableton as it does in Avenue.... at first.

but a few times now, as I've left to go do other stuff while machine go beep-boop and makey art, i'll come back and see that, although nothing has changed in Ableton and no new computer programs / processes have been started, Avenue starts getting chunky / droppy with the values thereby destroying (or happy-accident-ying if i'm lucky) what I'm going for.

I am not using the Record feature, and like I said nothing else is going on as I'm just passively generating.

Restart and it works fine..... but for how long?

Anyone?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: OSC values smooth at first, then over time get stuttery

Post by Zoltán »

Could you please send us the Resolume log file via the feedback tab in preferences?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vectorfuton
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: OSC values smooth at first, then over time get stuttery

Post by vectorfuton »

Hey! I think I solved my issue.

Although I had previously disabled 'turn off power to save energy' option for my various USB hubs / controllers, it seems a recent update on Windows end (the OS that keeps on giving) restored this option, so what was happening is that, it worked fine at first / as expected, but then when I left to do other stuff and returned, my machine went all Greta Thunberg on me and decided to save the planet / screw up my process by disabling and thus causing re-initialization of MIDI controllers / inputs which messed things up.

Glad to have figured this one out, just annoying when these preferences are unknowingly reverted to default. Hope it helps someone else out who might be in a similar situation.