HELP! Advanced output problems on start-up

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
martelvincentv10
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

HELP! Advanced output problems on start-up

Post by martelvincentv10 »

Hi! I am writing here because I am desperately looking for a solution to a problem that I have had for the past year... Here is my situation: this is an installation using 5- projectors connected to a PC and shooting a presentation with surround sound on a 80-foot wide curved wall. The PC is programmed to start and shutdown automatically every morning and every night, using autohotkey commands to ensure the process is smooth. The startup sequence being: 1- powering the 5 projectors, 2- startup computer, 3- startup rtpMIDI, 4- startup RESOLUME, 5- startup ABLETON LIVE. The shutdown sequence is: 1- shutdown ABLETON LIVE, shutdown RESOLUME, shutdown rtpMIDI, shutdown computer.

HARDWARE DETAILS:
PC:
- Windows 10 Pro
- GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB GAMING OC, HDMIx3/ DisplayPortx3
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
- Motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 (X570EDGEWIFI) 32 GB RAM
5- Projectors : Optoma ZH606TST-W
USB audio interface : Behringer UMC1820 24-Bit/96 kHz USB Audio/MIDI Interface, 8-Channel

SOFTWARE DETAILS:
- Resolume Arena 7.4.1 rev76771 28 june 2021
- Ableton Live 10 Suite (10.1.40 Build: 2021-07-07_428c0fbf99)
- MIDI rtpMIDI v1.1.14 (247)
- Autohotkey

The problem appears randomly at startup in the morning. For some reason, RESOLUME is mixing up the displays and shoots the footage in the wrong order. This happens every once in a while, average 3- times a week (out of 7).

This is not related to the way WINDOWS assigns the displays. The display arrangement remains the same when the problem occurs.

I have carefully monitored the shutdown sequence and found nothing unusual there that could explain why this happens.
Attachments
IMG_9527.jpg

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: HELP! Advanced output problems on start-up

Post by Zoltán »

Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu