Problems with Jabra Panacast on MacOS

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Problems with Jabra Panacast on MacOS

Post by gpvillamil »

I recently picked up a Jabra Panacast camera (https://www.jabra.com/business/video-co ... a-panacast). It's a pretty clever device, it has three high resolution cameras that it stitches together in hardware to generate a seamless 180º panorama. It also has a smart zoom feature that will crop the video to show only people.

Here's the problem. I want to use it in its full 180º mode in Resolume, on MacOS. When I do this, with the zoom feature switched off, Resolume sees it as a 640 x 480 camera and shows no image.

If I turn on the intelligent zoom feature, Resolume does see it as a 3840 x 1088 (not a typo - 1088, not 1080) camera.

The camera works perfectly with Zoom, Teams, etc.

The camera also works perfectly in Resolume on *Windows*, where it is detected as 3840 x 1080 in the panoramic mode with intelligent zoom switched off.

The intelligent zoom feature is switched on & off by changing a parameter in the camera's firmware. The zoom is done with hardware. If I turn the zoom feature on or off, the setting is retained when I use it with another computer. The camera appears as a class-compliant device and does not seem to need an additional driver, or any special software running while it is operating.

My guess is that the Mac generic camera driver may not handle switching resolutions on the fly?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Problems with Jabra Panacast on MacOS

Post by Zoltán »

Could you upload some screenshots of the resolutions the camera clip offers in Resolume?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu