FPS Issues

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
MDunford
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

FPS Issues

Post by MDunford »

Hi Resolume gurus. I've been having some odd FPS problems recently, wondering if anyone has experienced similar?

PC Spec:
Asus Prime Z-390A
I9 9900K 3.6GHz
Gigabyte RTX 2080 TI 11GB
64GB Corsair Vengance LPX 3000MHz DDR4
2x WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 NVME (1 for system, 1 for content)
Up to date Windows 10 Pro

Basically, all is well for about 30 - 45 minutes (totaly stable FPS, minimal use of system resources), then the FPS starts slowly dropping over the course of about 15 minutes, until it reaches 10 - 20, causing noticable stuttering in the output. It seems to spike back up to to the set FPS every 10 seconds or so and then drop down. It continues doing this untill I restart Resolume, then I get another 30 - 45 minutes of stable performance and the the problem repeats. The use of system resources is unchanged while the issues occur.

This problem happens even with a minimal composition (1 layer and 1 output at 1920x1080p), and this rig should be eating multiple 4K outputs for breakfast!

Some things:
- All the content is DXV, encoded with an up to date version of Alley.
- I have checked Windows power and performance settings, as well as the performance options in the Nvidia settings.
- I have not yet tried reinstalling graphics drivers / Windows etc, I will do this if there is no solution but the rest of the software I run on the machine (Avo AI, Adobe CC, Unreal, Touchdesigner) has no issues, so I'd rather not risk breaking all that if i don't have to!

Would appreciate any advice,

Cheers,

Matt Dunford

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: FPS Issues

Post by Zoltán »

Are you using the Nvidia Studio drivers?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu