Server Setup

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
blabberbytes
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Server Setup

Post by blabberbytes »

I'm trying to set up a media room for the new museum that's opening-up. I will probably hire someone to help design the setup but wanted to pick your brains here first. We have 15 4k Projectors that we need to connect to the media room. The longest run is about 150-200 feet away. I'm planning on setting up all the projectors with SDI connections and running Resolume Arena servers. I have a few questions as I have never had to design something this big before.

Any thoughts Oaktown I saw in an earlier post you are more inclined to use resolume VS Watchout. I prefer simplicity and the client doesn't need anything too fancy. I'm pretty much trying to convince them they need a media room vs just having media players at each projector.

How many high-powered computers will I need to run to handle something at this scale? Will a high power machine be able to handle four 4K projector outputs? How do I network/sync the computers? I connect them on a network switch I'm guessing and run OSC. What hardware do I need to connect the SDI connections to the resolume arena servers? Have and HDMI/SDI switch/hubs you could recommend? What else am I missing / not thinking about? Any help would be great thanks!