MIDI Controller not recognized after ~10minutes

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Anonymous

MIDI Controller not recognized after ~10minutes

Post by Anonymous »

hi!

i am using resolume 2.3 on a winXP system and a m-audio O2 USB MidiController.

the following problem happened to me during my last 3 gigs on two different PCs, so now i am quite sure that its not coincidence or a bad configuration from my part but a serious problem.

when i start resolume with the keyboard connected and turned on, normaly everything works fine during the first few minutes, and than, suddenly the MiDi keyboard doesnt work anymore/resolume doesn't recognize it. when i look at the MiDi setup everything seems to be ok, the configuration is fine, but none of the parameters is changeing when i turn a knob for example ...

anyone got ideas how to solve this? i already tried on another pc and also with version 2.2 ...

Anonymous

i forgot something

Post by Anonymous »

i also never figured out when i should turn on my midi keyboard.
is there a difference when i turn it on first, and then start resolume? or should i turn it on when resolume is already open? sounds ridiculous, but i was trying a lot of different stuff during my gigs, because using resolume only with the mouse is a bit anoying ...

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

I always turn it on before resolume

what midi channel are you using? I think res might behave funny on channel 1, try another channel.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ok, i will try this ... and let us know afterwards, thx

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

I see this too, with an M-Audio UC33e.

My workaround is this: I use MIDIOX (http://midiox.com/) and the MIDI Yoke drivers to connect the UC33 via a virtual port, ie. Resolume listens on virtual MIDI port #1 and I use MIDIOX to route the physical device to the virtual port.

Then when Resolume stops hearing the MIDI device (always happens), I quit MIDIOX (but not Resolume), cycle the power on the MIDI controller, and restart MIDIOX. MIDIOX starts up very quickly, so the downtime is usually only a few seconds. Also, Resolume continues to run, so visuals are not interrupted.

Since Resolume is only listening on the virtual ports, which are always present, it doesn't need to be restarted.

Resolume sometimes seems to get confused about MIDI CC#1 as well, so I use MIDIOX to reroute that CC.

[Edited on 16-2-2006 by gpvillamil]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thanks a lot gpvillamil!!!!!!!!

your workaround is worth a thousand € ...

problem solved!