Post your 2.4 beta bugz here

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
bart
Team Resolume

Post your 2.4 beta bugz here

Post by bart »

It,s not so visible at first but lots of things have changed in version 2.4 so there might be some unexpected bugz. Please post them here!

juba
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

buggy kind of things

Post by juba »

very very nice work with this new version, i've tested it for a few hours now (after getting my controllers to work etc) seems like a very stable version and the speed is really improved! great
until now i found 2 minor "bugz":
the "endless" option for a midi controller still doesn't work with my "doepfer pocket dail" (it comes to about 70 when i spin it very fast, but then i can't get it back to 100...)
when scrolling down the "effects" list i can't see the last part (only after folding and unfolding a category i can see the last effects)
nothing very horrible until now :)

juba

Post by juba »

1 more:
just started resolume after a reboot, did nothing fancy or gangster, just opent a swf and rightclicked the file; see the image of this strange thing!
i could only get rid of the window by pressing the downwards arrow right to "filename"
after resetting i did not manage to get this weird window again....

btw: i use dualboot (quadro) and have the "my documents" folder mapped to 1 folder for all the windows... now i can't open the decks i made in an other windows installation

[Edited on 21-7-2006 by juba]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

ow thats a weird and wonderfull bug ;-) please let us know if you can reproduce it ...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Originally posted by juba
the "endless" option for a midi controller still doesn't work with my "doepfer pocket dail" (it comes to about 70 when i spin it very fast, but then i can't get it back to 100...)
we have heard this before, the weird thing is that many different endless controllers have different ways of sending up and down info, we,ll have another look ...

LudikaStyle
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by LudikaStyle »

Not really a bug... i'm using a lot of swf files, and they're completely crowded with actionscript code, on the main timeline and inside some nested movie clips... but it seems to me that, setting resolume to control the timeline, actionscript is not ignored at all, it works fine anyway I switch: resolumetimeline or flashtimeline (the same in 2.3).
Am I missing the point of this feature?
Anyway thanks again, amazing job you've done, even 2 layer flash playback works faster. I wish you could make the .swf alpha channel work properly but I understand it's not on you :)

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

couldn't resist and had a play.

crashed 3 times in 30mins, while playing with the feedback on effects (the new free frames and invert).

due to the crashing had to delete the resolume settings files to make it restart.

had some major lag issues like frames freezing and flickering while loading 2.3 dec files and using the BPM and R on opacity.

nice to see that when you diminish resolume that it keeps playing the output :)

intel PM 2.0 ghz
2gb ram
ATI x300

juba

Post by juba »

Originally posted by bunniboi
crashed 3 times in 30mins, while playing with the feedback on effects (the new free frames and invert).
did some testing last night (for about 4 hours) with a deck filled with clips and effects every possible feedback on, every possible slider linked to bpm and choas switching very fast, no problem (though it slowed my pc down a lot; 3 layers pal-resolution video with effects + 3 global effects)
anyway, no real problems so far.

as for the 2.3 decks, they work perfect here...

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

some instability

Post by gpvillamil »

I had some strange behaviors with 2.4

I opened the filebrowser, dragged and dropped 20 videos onto the grid. The first 8 showed up almost instantly, and then things froze up. I pressed alt-Tab to switch context and bring up Task Manager, but then Resolume suddenly woke up again and loaded the rest of the videos.

Played around a bit, noticed some improvements in speed with 3x 640x480 MJPEG, but then Resolume crashed again when selecting clips from the grid.

It is possible that there is something in one of the clips that is causing the slowdown and the crash. However, all were encoded from same source using same settings.

Aside from that: the system for putting freeframe effects in categories according to folders is great! Makes performing with effects much easier. The BPM system is very handy.

I have not noticed a very dramatic speed increase when stacking up multiple layers.

[Edited on 23-7-2006 by gpvillamil]

lotech

Post by lotech »

Good job on the new release. Few bugs when running it on my 17" Macbook, using the current omega ATI drivers. These problems have occoured before with 2.3 and are generally solved with a restart of windows but its never fun to have these happen during a set. FYI, I have Macdrive installed to be able to write to the OSX volume but don't us it for playback at all.

When I opened Resolume 2.4 first time the effects list was completely blank.
This probably true for sources as it also shows a blank window.
Also when looking at the file browser, although listing C: as the chosen drive it actually lists D:\'s folder contents. I can navigate through all the folders in D:\ but not change drives listings.

Also when I click on screen setup, no resolutions are listed - drop downs work but no text. Also in the prefences list no text where there should be words.

Also the layer transfer boxes - on the bottom row the only button that displays the second from the left (with transparent, difference, etc..). The top to rows show the icons fine.