strange behavior in 2.4

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
grobkorn
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

strange behavior in 2.4

Post by grobkorn »

hi folks,

tried resolume 2.4 beta and final.
beta works fine - now im on a gig and tried the final one....

it starts and everything looks fine... .when i enable dvd max option the whole screen flashes 100 times a second and doesnt stop with this....

tried on 3 different computers with different setups - all have the same problems.... activating dvdmax --> flash...

tried also the beta on all 3 --> no problems.... im the only one with this kind of problem - and what can be the reason for this?

thanks ahead

[grobkorn]

Manwell
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Manwell »

I have a similar problem with 2.4. When I enable the second output through my graphics card (ATI Radeon 256mb) resolumes interface flashes and parts of the desktop leak through in jittery lines across the screen. Resolume works fine without the dvd-max output enabled. 2.3 and 2.4beta worked fine which is a bit annoying. Anyone got any ideas?

ceesznik

Post by ceesznik »

same for me!

noto only that my whole desktop is flickering like there was a conflict between Resolume and some other application, but when i tried to change the screen setup, the new settings were stored in the same file than those of my 2.4b, which made me have to set up the complete application again. (kinda annoying to sort all those effects again.)
:(

thx for fixing in advance, c

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We are looking into the strange DVDmax behaviour in 2.4.

We do have to add that we do not recommend using DVDmax because running with a normal dual monitor setup is much faster!

Manwell
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Manwell »

Could you explain what you mean about normal dual monitor setups? To use 2 screens I have to setup my graphics card to output to a tv monitor via s-video using the ATI control centre software then enable the second output in resolume to output fullscreen without the interface. Is this the right way of doing it or is there a better way? I have used this method in v2.3 and v2.4beta and had no problems.

ceesznik

Post by ceesznik »

though dualscreen setup may be much faster, we figured out, that we have problems with different outputsizes due to massive problems to get overscan work right on both nvidia and ati- based system. as we almost always mix with 2 different notebooks, we don´t get them fit one upon the other when mixed together with a videomixer. the only way to max out both signal IS using dvd-max.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Originally posted by Manwell
Could you explain what you mean about normal dual monitor setups? To use 2 screens I have to setup my graphics card to output to a tv monitor via s-video using the ATI control centre software then enable the second output in resolume to output fullscreen without the interface. Is this the right way of doing it or is there a better way? I have used this method in v2.3 and v2.4beta and had no problems.
yes that's the best way to do it.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Originally posted by ceesznik
though dualscreen setup may be much faster, we figured out, that we have problems with different outputsizes due to massive problems to get overscan work right on both nvidia and ati- based system. as we almost always mix with 2 different notebooks, we don´t get them fit one upon the other when mixed together with a videomixer. the only way to max out both signal IS using dvd-max.
Have you tried installing the alternative Omega drivers? Those drivers enable loads of hidden features on your videocard. They allow you to enable overscan on a tv-output. Works great on ATI videocards, i,m not sure if they do for nvidea.

ceesznik

Post by ceesznik »

we use the omegadrivers for very long time and yes there are usable drivers for nvidia- cards. :)

even though they pushed us massively towards the same outputsize on different machines, there were still problems to fit our signals exactly when we used dualscreen output. besides that there used to be some kind of sync- problems sometimes when playing back on tv- screens or similar devices. all that disappeared when we turned to "dvd-max"- playback, so this used to work perfect for us. as i said, 2.4beta does the job perfectly, but turning to full version would stay of no use as we prefer outputquality before speed.

so hopefully the feature won´t be dumped and there will be a clue for this strange behaviour ;)

thx, chris

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hi ceesznik,
we of course won't dump the feauture because we releasize it's something a lot of people still use. We will have a look at this problem to see how we can fix it.

Cheers
Edwin