still can't figure quality cinepak...

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
poki
Is taking Resolume on a second date

still can't figure quality cinepak...

Post by poki »

hi there resolum users- i need your advise and experience with rendering video clips. the demofootge in resolum 2.4 are CINEPAK by SUPERMAC 25fps 320X240. i'm editing with vegas 6.0d and in rendering option i have CINEPAK by RADIUS. maybe there is a diffrence between the two CINEPAK codecs but i cant get a clear video after rendering. i renderd with the exact param but the video gets pixled!

where can i get the CINEPAK BY SUPERMAC codec? what converting software u use that has cinepak supermac in it?

Leiber
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Leiber »

Strange. Just like you I wondered why my codec is called RADIUS and if there was any difference between the two. But for me it seems to work fine, no pixels and stuff. Did you convert to the proper resolution?

poki
Is taking Resolume on a second date

i used Gspot

Post by poki »

to get the same specs as in the demofotage, the only diffrence is that i render with radius codec couse i cant get the supermac on the web

can you post here what software u use to edit and convert?

Edwin i really need your help on this one, where to get cinepak supermac or how to edit the same perfect cinepak video as you did???

[Edited on 3-12-2006 by poki]

[Edited on 3-12-2006 by poki]

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

I would suggest useing Indeo 5.1 or Mjpeg, youll find youll get a lot better results ;)

SuperficiaL
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Cinepac = 256 colors...

Post by SuperficiaL »

Cinepac = 256 colors
indeo/MJPG = milions of colors

so Cinepac is in some cases better only for filesize/Decode-time reasons.
so if u have lots of colors in your footage or gradients or something use Indeo/MJPEG and if u have a white square bouncing use Cinepac

Grtz,
Superficial...

PiXelSHift
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by PiXelSHift »

Guys,
I've also noticed that de-interlacing your footage in Cinepak gives much better less pixelated results.