Resolume stops loading decks

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
BuckRogers
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by BuckRogers »

I don't think this is the problem. I'm having the same issues, but there are no "_2 files" in my resolume.ini

meek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by meek »

Sorry I meant the solution I had of always leaving two decks empty
(which solves it for me)

:D

no idea on the names of the decks, ill have a look in the .ini

meek

Post by meek »

Hi again,

this is still isnt fixed - i did a gig the other night and was very careful not not load up to many decks at once, but i kept on getting the same old problem with decks not loading and having to restart resolume to fix it (not funny when the only light in the club was from the projections coming off my laptop!) It would then work again for a bit, before messing up again.
It seemed to get worse as the night went on - resolume is being very unpredictable with loading decks.

Bart & Edwin - have u looked into this at all ? Alot of people seem to be suffering from this issue

thanks

James

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi Meek,
yes we are looking into this, but like we said it's hard to test.
Because these problems seem to popup after a while, not deirectly after startup, so it takes long to test and it's hard to reproduce, we only managed to recreate the situation you and others describe a few times. So it's hard to debug and thus trace the problem.
But we keep on trying ;-)

Cheers
Edwin

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

I'm getting this problem too, with Resolume no longer loading decks after a while.

However, I also get another behaviour, which may be related:

Sometimes Resolume starts up in a "messed-up" state - the file browser is empty, no sources are present, and decks don't load. Quitting and restarting sometimes fixes this, however, sometimes I need to reboot the computer. After this, if Resolume starts OK, it generally won't give me any problems, it will keep loading decks, etc.

I suspect an initialization problem of some kind - in the most extreme case, you get the empty browser, etc. In a more limited case, you get the failure to load decks.

Resolume stability is now enough of an issue for me that I *never* do a gig without a videomixer and a DVD source as backup.

symbio
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by symbio »

I take it since nobody else has posted here in a while that the 2.41 update fixed this problem as long as you recreate all your decks in 2.41? anyways, this problem just started for me one day, booted up resolume and all of a sudden no decks are listed, no sources, no effects etc... restarted and then decks are listed and effects etc.. but then if i double click to load a deck it just loads empty clips! so same issue here, even default demo1/demo2 decks dont load. some load, some dont, its very wierd. will try upgrading and reloading decks to see if it fixed

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

sumbiy, NO WAY with 2.41 the problems is the same, However, i do have the solution for this problem.

Ask yourselfs : How about if it is something external to resolume?
The answer: YES IT IS!
before starting resolume DISABLE YOUR PERSONAL ANTI-VIRUS AND FIREWALL, be aware that sometimes (depending of the AV, Avast for example) you guys need to Crtl+Alt+Del and even after shutting down the AV and firewall on the systray you have to kill the process.

And you're done, no more Decks suddenly stop working!

By the way... it works for me!! I no longer have that problem.

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

I found this solution by myself but after a quick reading to the manual (available here: http://www.resolume.com/support/manual/) I found this:

Advanced installation
To ensure maximum stability it is best to have as little software installed and running next to Resolume as possible. It is therefore recommended to install Windows twice and use one partition for your daily work and one partition for live performances only. Software like a firewall, virus checker, Google desktop, etc are useful utilities for regular computer usage but when you are doing a live performance your computer is usually not connected to the internet so you do not really need all those utilities.

Microsoft has published a multi booting guide on their website to help you install Windows more then once on the same computer.

If for some reason you can not create a separate Windows partition for live performances you can also create a separate user in Windows that is configured to run less software. This is not a ideal as a separate partition because it is not completely separate but it's useful nonetheless. To manage users, open Control Panel from the Start menu, and then double click User Accounts. Make sure that the User account you create also has Administrator rights!

Sometimes reading things like manuals and tutorials really helps, and doesn´t hurt a thing ;)

rayv

Post by rayv »

Dear Ed & Bart
This problem of not loading all decks is really disturbing me.
[I'm using version 2-3 which is more stable for me]
the problem of Resolume not loading all decks didn't start right away,
only after a while
[all my clips are pic video mjpeg]
I have tried to solve it for long hours,
but any solution i have found did not last long
tried it on two different computers [specs below].
I do need all the decks i can load at once,
sometimes i cant load 4,3, 2 or 1 deck/s
the solution which worked for a little while was to reinstall resolume few times, open & close the app, restart
but nothing dont works anymore, on both computers ive tested.
i tried to create a separate user only for Resolume but that didn't work either. after my gig tomorrow i will try to install windows only running Resolume, as suggested here, see if that works.

I do hope you can come with any new solution /suggestions ASAP

Desktop - older computer:
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1.84 GHz, 1.00 GB of Ram

laptop - Dell XPS M1710
T7200 @2.00 GHz
1.00 GB of Ram

Both running XP Pro
Service pack 2

[Edited on 17-10-2007 by rayv]

[Edited on 17-10-2007 by rayv]

topher

Post by topher »

Partial Solution!

Im not sure this is related to the decks problem, but it is related to the problem where when you start resolume, the decks and the filebrowser are all missing. I was having this problem with 2.41 and 2.3 and 2.2 and... I think 2.1 was working fine.

What worked for me on 2.2 and ive just tested it on 2.41 and it works is:

SET monitor resolution to 16bit instead of 32bit. For both monitors.

Odd fix. Im thinking it has to do with Video RAM running out and then Res getting confused. My Graphics card is an ATI mobility Radeon X600. Not sure how much VRAM it has. My computer has 500 MB RAM, sigh.

It fits the puzzle that the problem is related to RAM/VRAM issues - as the ram probably gets pretty splintered over time, thus increasing the problem. Just guessing - maybe the feedback functionality added demand for VRAM?

Hope this helps someone - and hope this helps towards a fix in Resolume. I know its hardest to debug things that happen sporadically.