dual tuner / source button

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
clownofthorns
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

dual tuner / source button

Post by clownofthorns »

Hi Guys,

I just got myself a dual tuner card which lets me capture from 2 sources at once.

The source button in the capture panel doesn't do anything for me, so even though I have 2 devices for the card showing up in the capture list, they both show the same result.

One solution might be to route the second input though a distribution driver such as dvdriver, giving 2 seperate capture drivers in resolume, however this wouldn't work if i put in another dual tuner.

Cheers.

[Edited on 25-1-2007 by clownofthorns]

clownofthorns
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by clownofthorns »

Update:
ok, the issue with only having a single driver was because only half of the board was detected and I needed to change a *jumper* on the board to change the irq... retro. (avermedia a169)

So the issue remains the source button. It appears when i first double click on either of the card's capture drivers that there are 4 buttons in the capture pane including the source button. clicking this does nothing. once i've used either of the tuners in resolume, the source button dissapears and live input works nicely from both except that both tuners look at input 1 and there's no way of changing to input 2.

The TV tuner button works so I could tune to 2 seperate RF channels to confirm resolume is using both devices.

On the dvdriver point I made yesterday, it does work and lets me specify which device is being used so I can route tuner 2 though it and leave resolume to pickup the default tuner 1. This has overheads however, and the re-routed source gets 400ms laggier in the process or so.

Is there any way I can manually specify the capture pin used for the live feed? this way I could tell it to use the second input.

thanks again.