RESOLUME+UBUNTU+WINE

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ninguem
Is taking Resolume on a second date

RESOLUME+UBUNTU+WINE

Post by ninguem »

Hi there.

I installed Linux Ubuntu on my laptop to run some tests on wine to emulate windows.

I got to the point where I could open resolume's interface. By the way no sweat, it was really easy.

The problem I´m having is: when I go into the screen setup tab the settings are not there. Everything is empty. Is that a problem related to the video card driver?

Does anybody ever tried this? Any luck? Any tips?

I´m really fed up with the problems I´m having on windows so it would be nice to go somewhere else.

Anyway hope some can at least say to me: "forget it! no way! I tried it before and aliens are after me!"

Ok, enough. Thanx allready.

Cheers.

ninguem

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: RESOLUME+UBUNTU+WINE

Post by VJair »

i never got it working properly.

ninguem
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by ninguem »

I´m almost givin' up myself. But I´ll give it a last go and see what happens.

I thought about installing windows on a small partition on the HD to have the propper drivers. Did anybody try that?

Well let´see.

Cheers.

messhead
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by messhead »

I'm currently in same boat. I'm sick of windows, I duel booted at first but windows ended up going funny (suprise suprise!!!) so i just scrapped that and went full on with ubuntu. Reminds me of the old dos days :) And it was so easy to get rid of windows without effecting Ubuntu a child could do it :)

Have to say with a little effort you can get most things working. I was just wondering though will there be an official release of resolume 3 for Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu? I know for certain i aint turning back to windows now and i think thats the general consensus with alot of people. Specially with the windows millenium, Whoops, I mean Vista!!! Demise. I dont hold hope for windows 7 either. No viruses, Spam, malware, No M$ B$!, Bloated programs slowwing you down! Isnt this how its supposed to be :)

Ubuntu is openGL too so isnt that ideal for Resolume 3? I Know you guys are busy working on 3 still but if this was a possibility or even if someone else found a way of making it work that would be the final nail in the cofin for windows and me. Except my eSata express card actually, Cant get the damn thing work :(

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

Has anyone tried Crossover for Games?
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/

It can get Half Life 2 running on Linux, and that uses DirectX.... so it could work for Resolume. let us know how you get on.

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

i thought crossover was based on wine http://www.codeweavers.com/about/ but with support :)

i have managed to get most functions working with r2.3 under wine running on ubuntu but havent really tested it much, i downloaded the directx installer on a windows mechien and ran it as well as the indeo 5.2 installer so all my content would play.
Jas
(the dyslexic VJzoo)

http://vjzoo.com
~ quite nice visuals ~

jani
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jani »

Hello,

I've tested resolume 3 on windows and really liked id.

I'm looking for resolume 3 but on linux/ubuntu ... but can't find it!

Is anyone who can answer me if Resolume 3 is available on ubuntu?

Thanks you.

eightbitalpha

Post by eightbitalpha »

I can confirm that Resolume Avenue 3 is fully working (Audio and Visual + FX) in Wine 1.2 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)
dual screen output works flawlessly and the entire application seems to be very stable. I have also managed to get Arkaos VJ 3.5 to run on this version of wine, though the Metacity window manager adds decoration (frame + titlebar) to the main output, which isn't ideal obviously.

Screenshot of Avenue running on Ubuntu attached.
Attachments
Screenshot-4-1.png
Screenshot-4-1.png (770.11 KiB) Viewed 23883 times

Guzz

Post by Guzz »

I managed to install Resolume in wine, but I cannot play any videos, the preferences are fine, audio is fine, images are fine but no video.
Do you have any advice?

eightbitalpha

Post by eightbitalpha »

Guzz wrote:I managed to install Resolume in wine, but I cannot play any videos, the preferences are fine, audio is fine, images are fine but no video.
Do you have any advice?
Hi Guzz, inorder to get video support in wine you need to install some players, if you havent done so already install winetricks: open terminal > run "wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks" (without quotes) > run "sh winetricks" (without quotes).

Then use it to install windows media player 10 and Quicktime player to your wine installation. This should give you the ability to play most common codecs. It is possible to install other codec packs in wine, but I've never done this so can't advise on whether they work with resolume. Goodluck, happy hacking :D