Rhythmic photographs.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
wilton keynes
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Rhythmic photographs.

Post by wilton keynes »

Hello all.

I am yet to download resolume, but need to know if it is possible to create sequences of photographic stills, and to have these stills changing in time with a rythm of a song? I.e- to match each change of photo in time with a beat.

I would greatly appreciate any wisdom that you may be able to share with me on this subject.

Thankyou kindly and good vibrations.

ChromaK

Re: Rhythmic photographs.

Post by ChromaK »

Kinda simple to do with R2.41, simply select the 'bpm' playback head while matching the number of jpegs to the number of beats. I.e. 32 photos will play in the space of 32 beats at one jpeg per beat, and will work for any number of beats/photos too. Try setting "space bar" as the hotkey to tap in the bpm.

:idea: Now to complicate the issue, which is... 'rhythmic everything' synced to a changing bpm. :roll:

The bpm tap function only goes so far, i.e. you have to keep tapping in the beat to accurately track the music bpm. This means the clip will keep its current fps despite the music having gone on a tangent, until you start hitting the tap key again! i.e. you is out of sync till then! :oops:

This leaves me hunting for software that will generate a midi note (preferably) or midi timeclock (which can trigger the bpm tap in R2.41) by analysing bpm or the bass peak from the line input from an audio mixer.
So far all I can find is midi timeclocks that are set by using a tap key (which is what I'm trying to avoid) and analysers that will tell me the bpm of any .wav already in my PC, though not on-the-fly, and not from a line/mic input. :?:

Essentially there is the "SoundBite Micro by REDSOUND" hardware box that does the trick, though software is preferable... read "cheaper" and it would make that bpm function rock for all concerned with getting that extra edge of synesthesia from their mix. :ugeek:

ChromaK

Re: Rhythmic photographs.

Post by ChromaK »

oh yeah, to get them jpegs into R2.41 just drop them into one of the slots in the deck. Easy.

Resolume was made for you dude!