suggestion: auto resize to composition size

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

suggestion: auto resize to composition size

Post by Rene »

Hello!

Last weekend I had some time to play around with R3. Beside some bugs and crashes (will report them later, with all traces, etc) we found one thing really annoying.
Clips are not automatically scaled to the (current) composition size. It's really a pain to add footage during the show.
I think it would also help when preparing decks offline, if the clips are automatically scaled. However I'm aware of the problem, that the size of a composition can change later on, and that might makes troubles too.
Did others run into this "resizing" problem :?:

honest
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: suggestion: auto resize to composition size

Post by honest »

Most of my clips are 640x480 and these run fine (output is set to 640x480)
However I have a lot of clips that are 320x240 and it would be great if it automatically resized them to 640x480 without having to change the clip properties each time.
Guess the same can be said with any clip size - to resize them to fit the output size if need be.

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

Yes, it would be great to have an "autoscale" option ... maybe at composition, layer and clip level.

It would be a lot of work to resize all my clips and still images by hand in advance ... whereas the software could take care of it all. And what if you want to try out a bigger size? You have to resize them all again.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

alfaleader
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by alfaleader »

+1 Old but very much needed (I have a lot of swfs that have a small resolution)

Rene

Post by Rene »

Did you know that you can disable/enable width and height at each layer (there is a checkbox next to the silder). This way all clips are scaled to the composition size automatically. Another solution is to use a keyboard mapping for the risize button. Every time I add a new clip, I just press the shortcut, and the clip has the proper size. I use the second approach, as it's sometimes handy to be able to resize one particular clip.