suggestion: speed setting in composition properties

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
honest
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

suggestion: speed setting in composition properties

Post by honest »

Very impressed with Resolume 3 beta so far - looks like the constrictions of 2.41 have been flattened for once and for all. Good work guys.
However one suggestion to make is that there is space for a layer speed button (to alter the frames per second) in between the audio volume and video opacity in each compostion layer.
This would enable the user to alter the speed of each layer without having to go to each clip property every time.
See the attached pic as to what I mean - it would be a very important addition for me. Anyone else agree?
Thanks,
James
resolume 3 beta speed preview
resolume 3 beta speed preview
resolume-speed.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 5460 times

dRead
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: suggestion: speed setting in composition properties

Post by dRead »

Layer based speed control would be nice, but the location you are pointing to is already taken, it is used to control both the audio & video levels at the same time (linked).

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

dRead wrote:..., it is used to control both the audio & video levels at the same time (linked).
Just an idea to the linked audio volume and video opacity controller. I think it makes sense to link them in a way, that they reach zero at the same time. (non-linear)

Example:
Audio is at 100% and video at 50% at the moment video reaches 0% audio is still at 50%. But I think audio should be at 0% too. Hope you know what I want to say ;)

serik
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by serik »

speed controls for layers would indeed be great. it was already suggested there: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3967