suggestion: transport properties like in R2

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

suggestion: transport properties like in R2

Post by Rene »

Hello!

I've also tried something in Photoshop :) Is there anything planned like this
Transport_properties.png
Transport_properties.png (85.95 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
for 3.1, 3.2, etc like it was possible in R2?

Just to make Clip's transport properties available in the layer view.

At the moment a click on a clip's preview picture triggers the clip (regardless which mouse button pressed). What about adding additional functionality to change transport properties to the RIGHT mouse button. That way you still can trigger a clip by left click at any position at the thumbnail picture without changing anything of the transport properties.

How do others think about this feature? Useful or total useless?

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: suggestion: transport properties like in R2

Post by edwin »

Hi Rene,
Thanx for your design, looks nice!
If you click a clip on it's handle you select it without (re)triggering it, when it's selected the clip property panel is shown and a preview of the clip is shown in the preview monitor. Now you can access the transport controls and any other property. We think this is a much more flexible option then what you suggest. Oh and another nice feature is this, in the clip property panel you see a little magnifying glass icon. Click it and you get a quicklook window that shows you the current clip's transport controls in a bigger window for better and more precise control. If you map this function to a key it's very (contextual key map) easy to bring up a clip's transport controls.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: suggestion: transport properties like in R2

Post by Rene »

Hi Edwin,

Got your point! (at least I think so) - But it's still one click for each clip to get info about transport properties. One click sounds not much, however: imagine you have decks with BPM based and timeline based footage. How to find easily those BPM based clips. --> a lot of clicks !
What about a (small) indication of the transport properties in the layer view (so you don't have to click every single clip). And maybe a link for the right mouse button (context mouse mapping ;) ) to open the quicklook window usually triggered by the magnifying glass? Or do you have other plans for the right mouse button?

What I want to say, I miss some kind of "transport properties at a glance" at the moment.