Any news on mac models that don't work yet?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
NLS6XX
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Any news on mac models that don't work yet?

Post by NLS6XX »

Hi Bart and Edwin,

could you let us know what the plans are concerning the mac's that currently don't seem to support R3? We have 3 macs (1 Powerbook G4 1,67Ghz, 1 Powermac G5 dual 2,3Ghz and 1 iMac 2,16Ghz intel core2duo), all running macosx 10.4.11. So far, only the intel mac can run R3.
As we bought 3 licenses we sincerely hope that we will actually be able to run the program on all our machines (without having to buy two brand new macs that is ;-)
I see a lot of other problems and questions being addressed by you on this forum except the ones we and some other PPC users encounter.
I can easily imagine that you have lots of things on your mind now fixing the bugs and replying to various users, but a little reply to this one would really ease our pain...
If you need extra information on our systems just let us know... We're eager to participate in making the program work.

Hope everything works out!
Greetz,
Nils - Belgium

NLS6XX

Re: Any news on mac models that don't work yet?

Post by NLS6XX »

Still no news?

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

HI,
Currently we are working to make sure we support as many computer/videocards as possible.
At the moment we are working hard to get the NVIDIA problems out of the way first.
On the PPC we noticed that the Menu's don't work (which is a biggy), what other problems do you encounter?
Does the video show correctly or does that give problems as well?

NLS6XX

Post by NLS6XX »

Dag Edwin! Thank you very much for your reply!

I have two mayor problems:

1. I can click on the menu's, but cannot open any of the submenu's at the top of the screen.
For example: I can click on "composition", but then nothing happens when I try to open/save/change beat snap/preferences... Therefore I can't get to enter my serial code. This is the same for all other menu's at the top. I can see them all, but I can't change or enter a thing.

2. If I trigger the demo clips, I hear the audio, but the output monitor only displays a "checkerboard" pattern. Same thing with the preview monitor (screenshot in attachment). I tried loading up one of my own jpg stills and that I could see, but when I tried loading up some of my movies it didn't work (apple photo jpeg codec). And then, after trying different clips... Resolume crashed.

My setup:
This happens on our Apple G5 PPC dual 2,3Ghz (late 2005), 7,5 gig ram, 2x Nvidia GeForce 6600
Macosx 10.4.11 and on our Powerbook G4 1,67Ghz, 512mb ram, Macosx 10.4.11

Vriendelijke groeten en veel succes!
Attachments
Afbeelding 5.png
Afbeelding 5.png (440.03 KiB) Viewed 10501 times

amar
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by amar »

I have the same menus problem on my powerbook g4 167mhz power pc, 2 gigs ram.

Also the output screen is just garbled pixels. When there is nothing on the screen the resolume watermark flashes but once I click a video, the output screen is just frozen pixels.

I'm hoping 128mb of graphics card memory is sufficient. I was hoping to be able to start using resolume on my mac since my pc can only play avi files and some mpegs in resolume 2.

I would like to know that the problem is resolved before I buy a license.
I'll keep checking here.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
The Menu is problem is known but we don't have a fix yet, but we will eventually, it shouldn't be too hard.
The screen looking garbled has todo with the fact that some OpenGL extensions aren't fully supported on your machines or operating system. But there is a workaround for this, just a matter of digging in a bit deeper.
Thanx for your information, the more info we get the easier it becomes to track down the problems.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

B.t.w, are you guys able to open the Preferences window or the Composition Settings window?

NLS6XX

Post by NLS6XX »

edwin wrote:B.t.w, are you guys able to open the Preferences window or the Composition Settings window?
If you mean the settings under the Composition menu and the preferences under the View menu, no I can't open them. Nor can I open the settings from within the "Composition Properties" part of the screen (the little "raderwerkje" under the layers).

Greetz,
Nils

mr_coops

Post by mr_coops »

My errors are also as above, menus don't work, garbled output preview, also cannot activate output to second screen :(
PPC G5 4 x 2,5 GHz
2,5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
OS 10.4.11
NVIDIA GeForce 6600

no mac

Post by no mac »

Just downloaded the latest non beta release of Avenue and still experiencing all of the above problems, i.e.

Garbled Output and Preview screen,

No access to 'pop up' menus - composition settings, output advanced.

Preloaded clips show in layers, but clips I load in do not (photo jpeg codec)

According to requirements, my system should be supported:

PowerPC G4 1.67Ghz 2GB RAM
ATI AGP based graphics card 128MB VRAM Quartz extreme supported.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of a fix to these problems on the forum so far. Hope you guys are on the case! I bought a license before release as my system was supposed to be supported. Had hoped the non beta release would fix these issues.