Resolume 3 Synched to Ableton Live ?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sburke1
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Resolume 3 Synched to Ableton Live ?

Post by sburke1 »

I've been getting the same problems with unsteady midi clock. For now, I have to trigger clips on my friends computer, from my ableton, to his resolume, via ethernet....but..... He has to have NO AUDIO because the sync is not perfect.

I cant wait for the day resolume can sync to another resolume, or to ableton, perfectly. I feel this is vital to the future or resolume, as AV performances and Jams are going to become for popular and if Max for live really does what it says it is going to do, that will all be on a steady ableton clock and ready for synchronization.

Is there are any chance the clock will improve? Untill then, I cant really jam out with my friend with loop based material and mashups and stuff. The only way I can jam out with him is by triggering "rubato" samples on top of this mashups. Maybe I am missing something. I would love to hear other thoughts about sync'ing with friends and jamming out in general with audio and video at the same time.

vjleo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by vjleo »

Hello Folks.

I´m also trying to sync resolume to ableton.
First I tried ableton feeding the midiclock to resolume, the BPM recognized by resolume shifted fast up and down on the decimals. And the clips synced to the BPM jumped randomly sometimes when playing.
Then I used my microkontrol to feed the midiclock to both software.
Same thing happens.

I think this is a very important issue for resolume. If does not work, I will have to go for another software.

Leo

vjleo

Post by vjleo »

Hi there!

Here you can better see the problem:

I tried on resolume 2.4. Midi was stable, loop played well. BUT once stoped and retriggered in BPM mode it starts from where it stoped :(

Cheers!
Leo

vjleo

Post by vjleo »

Hello support!

Can I get a feedback if some one is gonna take a look on this?

Leo

gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gradek »

vjleo wrote:Hello Folks.

I´m also trying to sync resolume to ableton.
First I tried ableton feeding the midiclock to resolume, the BPM recognized by resolume shifted fast up and down on the decimals. And the clips synced to the BPM jumped randomly sometimes when playing.
Then I used my microkontrol to feed the midiclock to both software.
Same thing happens.

I think this is a very important issue for resolume. If does not work, I will have to go for another software.

Leo

Hi Vjleo,

I just tested ableton and live midi sync to see if I could replicate your problem. I also had the same midi clock issues, where it jumps on the decimal. This happened both with ableton and a hardware midi clock. However It did not seem to have any ill effect. My clips still played back smoothly, and never jumped, or if they did so little I didn't notice. I jammed out for about 30 min with this setup just fine. my clips hit on the beat every time! So I'm not sure why its not working for you. apparently you are not the only person with the issue. I noticed your clip seemed pretty long, and was sync to 14 bpm. does the file play back smooth without midi? What codec is the file encoded in? If you don't have all frames set as keyframes? It not resolume will have a hard time playing back the frames in sync. Also what version of resolume are you using? do have 3.0.1 update?

Also, I think in resolume version 2.4 when you restart the clips just hit the resync button on the down beat to lock your clips back on beat, this should work in 3.0 too.
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

vjleo

Post by vjleo »

Thanks for the reply Martin!

Actually I tested with Resolume 2.4. and I cannot resync the midi for every clip that i play because I trigger them sometimes in 1 bar, 2 ,4 or 8. I use small and big loops along the track.

All the videos are in INDEO LIGOS 5.11 and all keyframes.

I have set the beats to 14 because I play a 2 beat video before that one.

I have the 3.0.1 demo version.

I will do some more tests. and give the feedback.

Cheers,
Leo

negrocorvacho

Post by negrocorvacho »

HI -
id like to know how to sync ableton & resolume in two MAC machines.
can someone please explain the process....

thnx!!

ngr
www.ojorojo.pe

gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gradek »

Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu