Decks and clips and DMX

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Decks and clips and DMX

Post by cat »

Still havent had time to get too indepth, but one thing I've had a thought about, is that it would be good to be able to move clips between layers without replacing the clips on the layer your dragging them to, maybe drag to the left or right of an existing clip and it shuffles clips along and inserts the clip in the space. Shift and dragging to copy a clip to a new position would be good too.
I've also noticed that 3 layers of PAL run fine but a 4th and they all start dropping frames quite a bit so I'm hoping you've got some optimising to do there! Also switching between decks creates pauses in the output for me when running 3 layers...
As a wish list, I'd like to be able to create presets of clips and layers so hitting one button loads mulitple clips + FX into the right layers for a compostion which would lesson the need for DMX control which brings me to my next part...
I'm interested in the manner in which you will be implementing DMX, I didnt feel that you do it that well in r2, the idea of using DMX is that you dont need to touch the mouse or keyboard everything is done from the desk, so can you expand on that for me? I've been working with catalysts and Hippo's virtually since their release, so have some experience in this, and therefore some opinions too! I've come across usability issues many times, if you do it right you can make a lot of money, if you don't, it would be a shame!
I'd also say don't waste time on pixel mapping for LED's till you have control sorted as well, and having done numerous LED maps with frankly shite software, you can imagine I have opinions on that too!
Anyways, good first impressions, but I had that about r2 as well, so I'm a little more cautious this time!

cat

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Decks and clips and DMX

Post by VJair »

cat wrote:Shift and dragging to copy a clip to a new position would be good too.
i think its ctrl + drag to a new slot copys it. i am not on the right machine to confirm that though but i know it is possible with avenue.

cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by cat »

Ahh alt+drag on mac, cheers

dRead
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dRead »

option/alt click drag, on mac to copy clip.