Deck Suggestion.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
irlus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Deck Suggestion.

Post by irlus »

I was wondering if it would be possible to drag and move decks around at the bottom of the Composition? To change their order around at will?

At a show recently I had to reload my Composition many times due to crashes, and every time only 2 Decks of 13 came back - the rest were there but listed as "empty" and had nothing in them even though they had been saved multiple times. And saved as. And saved again.

So I had to delete 11 of the 13 decks (which itself caused multiple crashes - that was challenging!) and after I got the "empty" decks gone - reloading decks (unlike clips: group, drag, drop) was an individual clicking thing. Having "clear, delete and insert" are great - any chance we could get "move" up on that menu?

If this can already be done, please let me know!

Thanks for making such a great product!

Thanks!

bart
Team Resolume

Re: Deck Suggestion.

Post by bart »

You can not move decks right now and there is also a bug that causes the decks to load in a different order everytime. We hope to fix this asap.

lo-res
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by lo-res »

Have just experienced the "empty deck" thing for the first time, couldn't understand what people where on about until last night. It seems you cannont have more than three decks in a composition which means I have to have more clips in a deck than I really want as it slows down deck loading. Thought this may have been ironed-out in the latest beta?

Still, in love with the latest version, super stable (so far!) nice one boys.

lo-res

Post by lo-res »

Hi, am still having problems loading decks. It seems that there is a limit, when I try to load extra decks from other compositions it replaces existing ones. Is this a known bug or just something parculiar to me?

lo-res

Post by lo-res »

I think I've sussed it, let's see if I can explain it. If the compositions I am trying to load decks from are edited copies of each other (save as) with new decks added, then it seems that you are restricted to the maximum number of decks in the compositions from which you are loading.

It appears to work fine if each of the compositions from which you are loading consist of newly created decks. I know I probably haven't made myself clear as I find it a bit confusing myself. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a standard way of working.

doublethink
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by doublethink »

bart wrote:You can not move decks right now and there is also a bug that causes the decks to load in a different order everytime. We hope to fix this asap.
Hi Bart -

I am using Resolume linked to Ableton, and have set up ableton to load the correct deck through midi depending on the track playing.

I thought this was a great idea until I noticed that the decks seem to load in a different order sometimes - the midi trigger does not load the deck by name but by position - so this really messes me up!

Any idea on an ETA for a fix for this? Even if I could re-order decks on the fly this would be a work around...

Excellent program all round - am going to be using it live for the first time at Glastonbury - hope it is as stable as it seems!

:-)