Audio & Video won't sync [fixed]

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Audio & Video won't sync

Post by juLiE »

i used your demo video and audio (media folder) with the korg nano kontrol (slider) and tried to scratch both video & audio together and it only works IF the TRANSPORT control is in "pause" mode, NOT "play forward" nor "play backwards" - maybe this how you intended it to work ? (ps: worked with either 'timeline' OR 'bpm' mode, didn't seem to matter)

HOWEVER, the video *scratched* in "play forward" AND "play backwards", but NOT audio.

clarification:
- put video in channel, then added audio to "drop audio here / give it to me baby" (clip properties) :D
- set contextual midi map, selected transport, mapped slider

HOWEVER, if one grabs the timeline playhead with MOUSE while it is in "play forward" or "play backward" (or "pause") one can scratch both video & audio together, no problem.

ps: i tried it with the m-audio evolution (u-control) UC-33e also with the same results

tell me if you need to know more info - btw, i have my board preferences for "Notify me upon replies by default:" set to "yes", but i am not receiving notices. so email me if necessary, thanx.

ps2: nice, avenue 3 :)

bart
Team Resolume

Re: Audio & Video won't sync

Post by bart »

Are you using beta version rev1110? This version fixes the bug you describe.

juLiE

Re: Audio & Video won't sync [fixed]

Post by juLiE »

yes, i am indeed using avenue 3 beta rev1110. however i'm testing it on my NON-VJ-PARTITION with tons of apps ;) i will try soon on my VJ-PARTITION and let you know if the problem persists for me. thanx for your reply.

sburke1
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by sburke1 »

I had never thought about making a partition just for VJing. Is this recommended? Are there particular app's that really take a bite out of CPU even when they are not open? Do you use a mac or pc? Do you mean a partition of a hard drive or a different user account on your computer? THanks.

rabosavj

Post by rabosavj »

sburke1 if you use windows (xp or vista) is highly recomend to create 2 partitions: 1 for working and 1 for vjing and your media files on other HD!
Why?
It's really easy if you start to install tons of apps, navigate internet.... and so one, windows (like virues) expands the windows folder a lot and a lot!! and a lot of apps gets started on the begining and you are not able to control.
If you have another partition with a clean windows instalation with the most stable drivers and the right codecs your wi'll be 80%(the other 20% is not controlable its windows) that your system is stable to play on your sets!!

If you only create another user, the apps and all the garbage still there!

(sorry for my bad english)

sburke1

Post by sburke1 »

Thanks for the reply. I am on a mac which I know doesn't get hit with viruses as much as PC's. I guess I am still curious to see if any mac users use different user accounts to make R3 run smoother.

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

sorry for late reply, rather busy...

since rabosavj already replied and since i'm not that familar with macs, i suggest you check out these 2 pages:

http://resolume.com/support/
http://resolume.com/avenue/manual/

i don't see a forum topic dedicated to mac, but maybe one could start one? so on that note, i suggest you search for your question including keywords 'mac' and 'partition'. or simply post your question in viewforum.php?f=13&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0

it seems to me that one would still create another partition for the VJ application regardless of platform, be it PC or MAC.

ps: 'user accounts' and 'partitions' are 2 very different things, search on web/wikipeda for explanations.

ps2: rabosavj - you're english was fine :)

good luck

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

imho an extra partition will only give you some advantage if it's a physical different harddrive.
If you create 2 partitions on 1 disk it will still use the same disk for OS and apllications.

Best thing you can do is create a dualboot system. 1 boot for daily use (apps and internet etc) and another boot for playing live, with minimal applications, services, no connections to inetrnet, no virusscanner etc.

Although.. I installed resolume and avenue just as iinstalled any other applications on my laptop and PC (no extra partitions). I really don't experience any difference with a clean install on clean PC.
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

yeah, GeeEs, exactly, thanx for clarification : dual boot (with just resolume + min. necessary tools in conjunction w/resolume (if needed), but no more) OR if more than 1 hard drive, partition...whatever floats your boat ;)