Do i perhaps want my money back...??

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cznickesz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Do i perhaps want my money back...??

Post by cznickesz »

So it seems to be my job to do a little complaining about the actual release- policy.

I paid for your Software some 4 month ago with the announcement in mind to get the full version around the end of september or such. Now it´s nearly december and there´s still not much more than a by no means fully functional beta- version.

Though you tend to be on the right way when i look at what has been implemented and fixed (though only one new beta after six weeks would be even enough to complain about), i am still kindly said concerned about how long i have to wait until i get, what i paid for.

Just to say it clear: It´s not a very huge amount i paid and i know, that it might be kind of hard to get all the stuff done, when you have to think about how to make a living and even more about if there would be any chance to employees to get the things done in time, but if you run into such problems, it would be at least nice to tell your customers (that´s what we are in the end) about what´s happening and when we could expect new versions and so on....

Personally i still can´t use the new version, as there is still no flash implemented, which makes up about 50% of my used content and there are still way to less filters, which make up about 50% of my live- mix.

All these complaints wouldn´t be there, if you at least do one thing: TALK TO US!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as you go on ignoring nearly anyone, who asks for information about releasedates, stages of development and futureplans (check the forums! Everytime anyone asks, there´s a lack of reaction!), i nearly hope, that people would take the consequences and switch to some other software....

I personally am asking myself, if i should demand my money back or wait any longer until some day there might be a version 1 (not this year, i suppose!)

Sorry to be so hard, but I AM pissed and i don´t feel like you are aware of that (i´m sure i am not the only one in here!)

Cheers, C

wuzzle
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Do I perhaps want my money back...??

Post by wuzzle »

I have been quiet, attempting to be patient and wait for a product that at least has what the older version had. Yes, we got the older version (something I didn't want since it was PC only) but I'd hoped to at least have live audio FFT and a decent Kaleidoscope effect.

I fully understand that small companies with few developers can get hung up with issues, especially when you expand to multiple platforms. It's also well and good to go on evangelist tours to promote your product, but it is better to finish said product and bring it out of beta before pushing forward trying to garner even more people to be let down. More information, even the sad delays, are always better. It should be posted prominently and generally will quell much noise in the forums.

I don't particularly care about the money, to me, it was a decision and possible failure to get a working product. Caveat Emptor. I do care to know what the expectation of a '1.0 release' is.

A side complaint not at all aimed at the Resolume developers: the lack of any FFGL plugins. At last check, there weren't even any experimental examples that worked in any FFGL application. Are we that much unloved that its not even worth the bother?

Please note i'm not just some shmuck whining, I've done games development in prior history. ;)

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Do i perhaps want my money back...??

Post by VJair »

there are FFGL plugins in production by third partys, i saw some in use last weekend and they were awesome ( i know of at least 2 other people that are developing them as well ) ..... hold tight, they will be with us soon.

cznickesz

Post by cznickesz »

well... that´s what it´s all about:

"hold tight, ___(place things concerning reso3 in here as you like) will be with us soon"

is a quite common thing we hear at the moment.

C

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

We are sad to hear that you guys aren't happy how things go at the moment.
I agree that the second beta took a while but that was because the second output problem was a really unexpected one which hold us a back a couple of weeks. And still not all the problems with it are solved.
I think we allways communicate quite clearly what's happening, we allways try to be honoust and clear on what we are doing. But it's hard to make promises on when new releases will be ready.

So what can we do to make you guys happy, could you say what problems are bothering you the most?
And what do you expect a version 1 should be like?

Flash playback is on his way, hold tight ;-). Flash playback works quite nicely in version 2, but getting it to work in version 3 is a problem. It's halfway there but instable, so that's why it's not in. Audio FFT is also work in progress like we said so from the beginning, it's not hard to build but other problems kept us away from implementing it.
We are talking with some FFGL developers to include their plugins in Resolume 3, there is a lot being done behind the screens to get you the plugins you want/need, but yes it takes time. But we are doing our best to stimulate the development of FFGL plugins because the potential is immense.

antonio913

Post by antonio913 »

I have not purchased the full version of Resolume 3, still trying out the beta. The latest beta has crashed on me as couple of times. What is missing from this program is a sequencer. That would be really great if u guys can create that feature. Better handling of audio so that it syncs with other video files. I primarily want to use resolume for video remixing and mashups. I want to use resolume to mix music video, I don't know if that is possible?

The record feature works but what about the audio portion of the video why is that left out?

wuzzle
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by wuzzle »

edwin wrote:So what can we do to make you guys happy, could you say what problems are bothering you the most?
Hoping Pete does a redux of his excellent kaleidoscope plugin as I have been using it a lot on the older Resolume. I looked at his source, but GL is still too alien to me to do the dirty work myself.
edwin wrote:And what do you expect a version 1 should be like?
IMHO a dangerous thing for a developer to ask ;) You should already know what constitutes a shipping product or you end up being in beta forever, catering to a myriad of users differing wants. This goes for any development, really...

- Stability on whatever platforms you chose to support
- Locked set of specifications (for now)
edwin wrote:We are talking with some FFGL developers to include their plugins in Resolume 3, there is a lot being done behind the screens to get you the plugins you want/need, but yes it takes time. But we are doing our best to stimulate the development of FFGL plugins because the potential is immense.
Anything will be appreciated. I want to get to using this product hardcore. :mrgreen:
VJ Wuzzle
Shakti Collective - Toronto, Canada

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by craftycurate »

Here's my 2 cents worth ...

... there is no way I'll be asking for a refund - it's a pretty awesome app and it's obvious how powerful it will be with all the intended functionality in (esp Flash support).

... since rev 1110 I've migrated to R3 for live use now (rather than 2.41) and am pretty happy with experience so far. I've had no crashes in live use so far, and I've sometimes left the app running for hours on end, even with other s\w such as Ableton Live 7 running, but no crashes :) The only regular crash is when I exit the app. I'm more than happy with the performance compared with v2.41. I routinely use a 1024x768 comp. with 3 video layers and a few FX and I'm normally getting 20-35 fps (Core 2 Duo 2Ghz, XP Pro SP3, 2GB RAM, GeForce 7900 GS\256MB

... there are a few things that don't work as expected yet but I'm expecting them to be sorted as time progresses. Will post separately about these.

... I have made a number of suggestions and bug reports without much developer response, but I know you're working away to get the product developed so I'm cool with that for now, and one of them did get incorporated into rev.1110 so I know they're being considered.

Looking forward particularly to Flash functionality.

Cheers
Richard
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB