Record

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
quim
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Record

Post by quim »

Is anyone still having trouble with this?

sburke1
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by sburke1 »

record works for me...... is there anyway we can get audio in the recordings though? i am hoping for live "sampling" of musicians and even better time synced looping even though that might be tough for now with the latency. Even if the recording function, or live input recording have latency, if they contain audio, laying down drones and atmospheres would be cool and easy!

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

We will implement the audio recording.
We haven't yet seem to reproduce the 0 bytes recording, so it's still hard to find out why this happens. But our search continues.

ahtov

Post by ahtov »

Also it would be useful, if there would be an option to select the layer (row on deck) on which the recorded clips will be added, and that the clips wouldn't be added after the last column (thus always creating a new column), but instead after last clip on selected row. So if I would configure the clips to be added on an empty row, they will begin right from the first column and only create additional columns if needed.

This isn't about organizing playback - clip target works for that already - it's about organizing the decks. At the moment I have some 40-50 clips on one row and then after them yet another 40-50 recorded clips on another row by the end of the act, instead of having them above one another.

Oh, and could this audio recording again be optional? I really don't need additional CPU and disk usage, if I don't need that audio sometimes. Maybe a check box right next to the record button that would be MIDI assignable too?

mzo

Post by mzo »

Audio recording on the record feature will be vital to the act I'm developing. Any ETA on adding it?

For the moment I'm having to use Live to intercept my midi triggers and record those so at least when I replay it gets both the audio and video but this is definitely suboptimal.

sburke1
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by sburke1 »

Mzo, could you explain your process? How you exactly record the midi, and what this achieves. And how this relatea to live-feed recording with audio. I am curious. Thanks.

"For the moment I'm having to use Live to intercept my midi triggers and record those so at least when I replay it gets both the audio and video but this is definitely suboptimal."

ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ni-cad »

edwin wrote:We will implement the audio recording.
We haven't yet seem to reproduce the 0 bytes recording, so it's still hard to find out why this happens. But our search continues.
I have a lap top that the record function works perfectly well on and I have a PC that recording produces 0 byte files.

It's worrying that so many users have this problem and you can't re create it yourselves, does this mean that this bug won't be getting fixed then?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

they have successfully fixed bugs which dont affect them before, so dont take it that it wont be sorted because it doesnt cause them problems, they just need time to figure it out.

ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ni-cad »

I know, I have to say they've definitely been on the case so far.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Could you guys please try installing the latest Quicktime (version 7.6) and see if that helps? (it has for a couple of other users)
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/