Avenue blurry??

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Suade
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Avenue blurry??

Post by Suade »

Hello,

I'm in the unusual situation of wanting pixel accurate output from resolume as I'm using a large, low-resolution Martin LED video wall. This display is only 100 x 50 pixels but needs those to be sent as a section of a 1024 x 768 video signal so I set my composition to 1024 x 768. I've set the video wall so that it displays from the exact centre of the 1024 x 768 image and placing a 100 x 50 animation into Avenue and playing back with no scaling or effects does position the picture correctly. Unfortunately the colours bleed by a single pixel so that a single pixel vertical line ends up 2 pixels wide with one much darker than the other.

I've tried placing the 100 x 50 clip into the 1024 x 768 space offline in an editor creating a 1024 x 768 clip with lots of black around the edges but Avenue still blurs that by a single pixel. Strangely enough the 1024 x 768 clip doesn't blur with Resolume 2.41.

Is there a way I can turn off the pixel blurring and get Avenue to output the RGB pixel values completely accurately? My pixels are 4 cm wide so it makes quite a difference.

Thanks

Suade

cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Avenue blurry??

Post by cat »

This is to do with texels not being drawn a from the centre you need to shift the position of the image by 1/1024 left or right, I dont know whether you can do this degree of accuracy in avenue, you could do it in a plugin though I imagine, failing that you need them to add a check box for texel centring.