[fixed] masks and scaling

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ridha
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: masks and scaling

Post by ridha »

is this still not possible? if yes please how

am using res 4.1.1 and tryin to keep the mask the same size locked for a layer , and transform the clip sizes independently

its a triangular mask, in different sizes for each layer, after i use the advanced output for positioning

please advice

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

This has been possible for over a year.

From the manual (which is a great source of information on all things you don't understand about Resolume and sometimes life in general):
Changing the render order of effects, masks and transformations

In Resolume 4, the clip properties described above can be applied before and after the effects. By default, Resolume will apply any effects first, and then apply any changes in the properties.

If you want an effect to be applied after the changes in properties are applied, simply drag the Transform tab above the Effects tab (you can drag it by the three horizontal bar, similar to the effects).
Tip! This way you can first scale a clip to 50% and position it to the far left, and then apply a flip effect set to horizontal flip and 50% opacity to achieve a widescreen mirror effect.

The same applies to masks and transformations. By default a mask is applied before any transformations, so you can move, scale and rotate the content, while the mask stays locked to the content and moves with it. This way you can make slight adjustments to your mask to account for lens distortions or misaligned projectors.

If you want to apply a mask and reposition the content independently from the masked area, you can drag the Transform tab above the Mask tab. This way you can animate or distort content within a mask, without affecting areas outside the mask.

ridha

Post by ridha »

thanks for reply sir,

what i understand i can drop the mask in a clip and then the mask wont be scaled.

now what i want is throw the mask in a layer, but then the clips scale together with the mask.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Move the mask under the transform of the layer :)

ridha

Post by ridha »

sir, you are complete genius.