Resolume crashes with Display Link Adapter (USB to DVI)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
andrei
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume crashes with Display Link Adapter (USB to DVI)

Post by andrei »

I just purchase deltaco usb to dvi and try to test in resolume3 mac but it crash.
So this is not possible to get work in resolume?

This is the beta drivers for deltaco.
http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread ... 46#post146

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

No there is no way to use the USB to DVI adapters in Resolume because they do not support openGL rendering.

nostromozhas

Post by nostromozhas »

Displaylink driver not run in OS 64 bits; can is it the reason?

nostromozhas

Post by nostromozhas »

I try use resolume with a touchscreen and have the same problem. I´m waiting for 64 bits driver like "May water" (an spanish proverb).

moabyte

Post by moabyte »

I can confirm that the DisplayLink is still causing Avenue and also Arena to crash. I have the latest drivers that are approved for Lion. Has there been any workaround or fix for this? I am going to purchase Arena, but I would like it to run on a machine that uses a display link. I do not need to use the DisplayLink monitor with Arena, its used for another app. I just need the app to run w/o crashing when the DL is connected. ALL the other VJ softs and all my Apple and Adobe softs work when the DL is connected, so why does Avenue crash? Please Please Please fix this. I have to use the DisplayLink.

Much thanks to all.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As mentioned above:
there is no way to use the USB to DVI adapters in Resolume because they do not support openGL rendering.
Even if you are not using it with Resolume directly, the adapter interferes with our rendering engine, and causes the system to crash.

MarkusLan

Post by MarkusLan »

If resolume crashes, when it uses openGL in connection with the display link. I ask myself, why i can use it on a Windows 7 bases system with 2 outputs for the whole night?

Resolume 4 Arena uses still only OpenGL on my systeme and i cant get why its not running with the same converter under Mac OSX.

I used the setup with my laptop with even 3 Beamer over disply link USB to (VGA or DVI) several times now. Is much better than only a triple Head 2 go cos i have 3 separate outputs which are able to be mapped.

if u could solve this problem, why its not working on Mac my friends would cheer up!
My bests

Markus Langer

System:
ASUS N55SF Laptop
i7 quad core
Nvidia GT555M
8GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit Enterprise
Resolume 4 Arena

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

if u could solve this problem, why its not working on Mac my friends would cheer up!
Technically we cannot support these devices because they do no support OpenGL. There is just no way we can fix this until DisplayLink changes the way their devices work. You should look at it from the other way round, you should be really happy that it is working for you, because it actually shouldn't be possible.

reset77

Post by reset77 »

i have the same problem, and we are about to go 2013, but this happens to me only on ATI card laptops, on Nvidia card laptos will work just fine, this is a really meesed up problem

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

A note for all of you who are attempting to use a usb video card. The bandwidth is not that broad to give you a steady frame rate. I have not seen a usb card push over 14 fps.