Win7 and R2.41

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
nwonknu
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Win7 and R2.41

Post by nwonknu »

Did anyone tried running it under Win7?
I have and it's kind of working, haven't tried much but sliders in effect parameters are not working, especially speed (''falling menu one'')
What about you experience and did you find solutions to any kind of problem.

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Win7 and R2.41

Post by edwin »

We haven't tested R2.41 on Windows 7, and because Resolume 2.x is not being developed anymore we probbaly won't do thorough tests. We will make sure that Resolumeworks fine on Windows 7. It seems that Windows & is a change for the better (compared to Vista) so let's keep our fingers crossed that it's really a step forward.
Although i must say that Vista running on my Macbook Pro running Vista is actually really fast.

B.tw., i would suggest not running an OS which hasn't been released yet to do your VJ work on.

Cheers
Edwin

nwonknu
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by nwonknu »

I know that you dumped R2, but it's really shame because it's a great program and a lot of users still prefer it over Avenue, and with just few modifications it would be perfect!
Win7 is really great OS and by the next year a lot of user will transfer to it. I didn't try running Avenue on it thought, in do time.

It will get released very soon, I installed it as a second OS just to try it.
Still doing ''vj work'' on XP :ugeek:

beofres
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by beofres »

Hi,

I've used Resolume 2.41 on Windows 7 and it works great. Not at all different than Xp IMO. Nothing tricky to set up. I use it on my main rig.

Specs:

Intel Core2 Quad CPU (can't recall the specific model)
8GB RAM
Using a MIDI to USB adapter and a Behringer Light Controller for MIDI, so I can confirm that MIDI works in that aspect.
Tried it on 7 64-bit and primarily use it on the 32bit version of Windows 7, both work just fine.

Be forewarned, if you happen to use MIDI through the game controller connector aka 'gameport' on your computer (typically a sound card connector), that feature is no longer supported on Vista onwards. The work around is to use a gameport to USB adapter which then works.

Make sure to use the latest release of Windows 7, RC-1. The first official beta build flash support was wacky and I had issues with Resolume.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Did you do anything special with compatibility mode, or did it just run as-is?

I found that I had to disable visual effects in the compatibility mode dialog to get Res 2.41 to run properly under Vista (and it runs very very well now).
beofres wrote:Hi,

I've used Resolume 2.41 on Windows 7 and it works great. Not at all different than Xp IMO. Nothing tricky to set up. I use it on my main rig.

Specs:

Intel Core2 Quad CPU (can't recall the specific model)
8GB RAM
Using a MIDI to USB adapter and a Behringer Light Controller for MIDI, so I can confirm that MIDI works in that aspect.
Tried it on 7 64-bit and primarily use it on the 32bit version of Windows 7, both work just fine.

Be forewarned, if you happen to use MIDI through the game controller connector aka 'gameport' on your computer (typically a sound card connector), that feature is no longer supported on Vista onwards. The work around is to use a gameport to USB adapter which then works.

Make sure to use the latest release of Windows 7, RC-1. The first official beta build flash support was wacky and I had issues with Resolume.