how to setup resolume with edirol v8?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ferenc
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

how to setup resolume with edirol v8?

Post by ferenc »

Hello everyone,

I'm rather new to VJing and I would like to know how to setup an Edirol V8 mixer with Resolume. Is the output of Resolume the input for one channel on the mixer? Or do you control parameteres from Resolume with the V8?

I want to use the output of Resolume in combination with DVD players and live sources to make video on 6 TV screens.

Thanks in advance,
Ferenc

ferenc

Re: how to setup resolume with edirol v8?

Post by ferenc »

After reading the "How to VJ Manual" I think the output of Resolume is just one of the input channels on the Edirol. But I've used Resolume in combination with a mixer that triggered the crossfader of Resolume for example. Is that possible with the V8 or do you need a special MIDI mixer?

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

The V8 is a MIDI mixer but if you're using the T bar to xfade in resolume you'll be xfading the V8 too.

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

Ok.
• the V8 is a MIDI mixer.
• you can control resolume from the V8
• resolume will only output 1 feed unless you have multiple graphics cards.
• if you map the t bar to the crossfader in resolume and you display 1 channel of resolume into 2 inputs of the V8 you will effectively be using the V8 to crossfade in resolume

ferenc

Post by ferenc »

mowgli wrote:Ok.
• if you map the t bar to the crossfader in resolume and you display 1 channel of resolume into 2 inputs of the V8 you will effectively be using the V8 to crossfade in resolume
Thanks! That's what I needed to know. But with this way, do I need two cables from my videocard to the V8 to get the signal on two inputs or is there some kind of duplicate function within the V8 to set one input channel to two?

ferenc

Post by ferenc »

Does anyone know how to set the output of Resolume to 2 inputs at the V8? Do I need a cable splitter from the videocard to the edirol? I have saturday my second party and I would like to use the V8 effectively.