Avenue 3.1 Flash Feedback

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gegenlicht
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Avenue 3.1 Flash Feedback

Post by gegenlicht »

Hello there!

First things first. Thank you, great work you guys!! It works and now i can focus on creating all the dynamic animations ive been waiting for!

This Topic should be used to tell about your experiences with Flash in Avenue 3.1.

///// If your Resolume cant open all Flash Files in the test Folder, your pc or mac lacks the standalone flash active X player.

_ i have had this problem already before in 2... so

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... lash10.zip
Flash Player 10
Adobe Flash Player 10 Update for Flash CS4 Professional

7/30/2009 This download contains fixes for critical vulnerabilities identified in Security Bulletin APSB09-10 Flash Player update available to address security vulnerabilities. The update replaces the Debug and Release versions of Flash Player 10 browser plugins and standalone players that are included in the initial release of Flash CS4 Professional (player version 10.0.2.54). All users are encouraged to apply this update. These new players are version 10.0.32.18.

The Flash Player 10 updates are included in the ZIP file below. For instructions on how to update Flash CS4 Professional, please go to this technote.

There you go .. etract the setup and find the active x standalone setup somewhere...

Another issue ive just solved was stuttering playback, the FPS were alright not excellent but Ok, more on that in a few days. Most people might already have set Resolume to realtime in the processes tab of your windows taskmanager... well i just changed it from normal to realtime and the flashplayback is pretty smooth.
The FPS didnt change but the playback is smooth.

I dont have that much time right now but i will check this new feature out, in depth and if im able to discover something cool i will post it and expect you to do so too :)
open source like.. :P noone has to share full code but hints and tipps, tutorials are needed by all.
blinded by lights

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Avenue 3.1 Flash Feedback

Post by GeeEs »

:) Indeed, first things first! Thumbs up for Bart, Edwin and the new release!

Also installed the latest 3.1.0 version and playing with the flash support right now...
There is indeed something that makes the (demo footage) flash clips stutter, while the framerate is keeping up (not dropping frames). The tip about the process priority did solve it a bit, but not 100%. The highest priority to choose from is "high", it won't allow me to choose "realtime"!?
Also I noticed that when you open a random pulldownmenu in Avenu somewhere in the UI, the flash playback runs smooth... when you choose an option in the menu and close it, the stutters come back... :idea:

Anyway, the function itself seems to work great! It's great to have my flash texts and animations back! :P
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

The juddering is just a teething issue - I've been testing the 3.02 Flash beta which is silky smooth!

I find the juddering goes away if I open the menu in Transport options in the Flash Clip Properties, without selecting one of the three options.

Juddering resumes as soon as I select one of the options.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

consciouspilot
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by consciouspilot »

I can confirm what craftycurate is saying:
"The juddering is just a teething issue - I've been testing the 3.02 Flash beta which is silky smooth!

I find the juddering goes away if I open the menu in Transport options in the Flash Clip Properties, without selecting one of the three options.

Juddering resumes as soon as I select one of the options."

In trying a variety of .SWF files, when a transport option is selected (timeline, BMP, or autonomous), the clip is jerky and studders - However, when I click on the menu to choose my options, the clip plays smooth and perfectly until I choose an option, where it again resumes to be choppy.

I Have tried this on both Windows 7 and Windows XP 32 bit.

GeeEs

Post by GeeEs »

consciouspilot wrote:I find the juddering goes away if I open the menu in Transport options in the Flash Clip Properties, without selecting one of the three options.
It's not only the transport control menu that make the flash play smooth... You can open just any pulldownmenu in Avenue, and the flash plays smooth.
Also setting Avenue process to "high" priority will make flash play much smoother (although not 100%). (Which make me think it has something to do with process priority)

Is there a way to become the 3.0.2 beta flash version? I didn't know it was out there!
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

gegenlicht
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by gegenlicht »

:? how odd is this ?

Hehe, well good news is that i can start develop some stuff and keep the fact in mind that it might even get a little performence boost in the near future. :ugeek:

Will do some papervision tests tonight.. wth its friday :) !?
blinded by lights

yochee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by yochee »

flash works without stutters after switching processing mode to realtime..

- press alt+strg+del to open task manager
- select process tab
- right click avenue.exe and select priority
- switch priority to realtime

cpu load will increase a little (at mine from 27% to 30%) but stutters are gone ..

THANKS for the update, was hell of a waiting :lol:

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

tested this workaround last night, deffo made a difference.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We found the problem with the stutters, happens only on Windows. on the Mac it's fine. Working on a fix now.

titopte
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by titopte »

Hi, just want to thank your efforts. I am playing with Avenue 3.1 demo now.
My problem is that i am trying some dynamic flash files, wich involve connection to a remote server, on Actionscript2.
When i test it in R2.41, everything goes smooth and as expected. But when i try it in latest 3.1 version, the movie seems to play normally, the fps count doesn´t drop, but performance and the program itself turns inmediatly dramatically slower. Delays of about 20 seconds on button response, or finally hanging up are the common consecuences of just having the .swf on the deck.
If it is usefull, i could upload the flash file.
Will try the realtime thing, but i don´t think it will help due to the kind of issue.
Will let you know.
Thanks
T

EDIT: just forgot to mention that i have run tests on XP and vista, and issues are consistent there.