Flash Parameters missing Res3.1.1

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
glasshopper
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Flash Parameters missing Res3.1.1

Post by glasshopper »

This is really strange - Flash which worked in an earlier patch are not displaying parameters in the current version of resolume.. when they were previously. I also tested the flash shipped with Resolume and they seem to work in terms of parameters - but without CS4 I cannot open Flash to examine the differences.

What I know to date is that there is a problem with AS3 Flash from CS2 - will investigate this further when I can - but maybe someone at Resolume HQ can check this out if they get a moment.

Ta. GHoppA

MkUltra
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Flash Parameters missing Res3.1.1

Post by MkUltra »

I ran into this as well. It looks like the class files (in the resolumeCom folder) are different than the previous version. I just re-compiled/exported my swfs and everything seems to work fine-- have to have cs3 or 4 tho.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

We changed a bit of Flash implementation, but that probably only concerns people that received a test version from us. So republish your Flash files and you should be fine, i don't think this is a issue for other people.
I though the examples files we (except for one, Springy) ship with the installer are all exported for CS3 or is this not the case?

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

Hi tx guys - will check this out later - actually the only Flash file I have been interested in to check was springy - but I will find a way. I will update my resolume flash later this evening and post my results ... tx for the fast response.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Some ActionScript was working differently when using CS3 causing the Springy file to behave not the way i wanted to. That's why it was saved as a CS4 file.
Have you guys made some Flash animations already with the new API and do you have some suggestions or tips for improvements. I'm really hoping to see more people dive into creating generative flash content.

glasshopper

Problem now solved thanks ...

Post by glasshopper »

I am deep in the world of generative Flash content at the moment - just brushing up my maths to cope with it - and also working out the limits of how many simple objects can be written to a stage and driven by parameters. The trade off is quantity before the processor starts to grind or even just hangs Resolume avenue completely - once I have the limits worked out [hardware spec dependant ]the fun is really going to start. I have already created some really intense visuals with really simple code and some freeframe effects ... with files all under 10kb ... awesome! The transparency features of the new Flash implementation are awesome for overlaying.

So far so good - one thing I have noticed is that if I have Flash parameters driven by audio - even with no audio playing I am seeing some response in my Flash ... it is only when I disable audio analysis in Res that I finally see my Flash silent as it were. Where is this audio noise coming from - my hardware is actually an onboard sound card - the audio player in use was WinAmp. I am going to look into upgrading audio hardware for performances and jamming as and when I get some cash together ...

I am also looking at VVVV for a way of reimplementing FFT - via a XMLSocket into Flash - but ideally it would be great if this could even come directly from whatever low level solution is monitoring audio within Resolume. Removing the need for another Third Party app to be running.

Cheers.