Windows 7

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
defasten
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Windows 7

Post by defasten »

hi there - any news on how Resolume runs under Windows 7? thanks!

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Windows 7

Post by edwin »

We think it runs great in Windows 7, no problems so far and it seems to run much better than Vista and also XP.
The only issue we had so far is that AVI's rendered in the Indeo codec won't work. If someone has a solution for this please let us know.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Apparently Ligos (the company behind the Indeo codec) has fallen out of love with Microsoft for quite a while. They are not supporting Indeo on Windows 7. However Microsoft is still shipping the codec in some form with their OS. It looks like quite a bees nest, and Ligos is referring everyone to Microsoft regarding problems. Not a good sign methinks. I'd avoid Indeo all together from now on (but then again I'm a Mac fanboy and I hated the Indeo codec since support for it was dropped after OS9 ;) )

More info here: http://www.ligos.com/index.php/home/sup ... eosupport/

Joris

willcopps
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by willcopps »

7 runs Resolume even better than my Vista did. I'm on 64-bit Home Premium.

digital:snot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by digital:snot »

To get Indeo codec to work in vista...

this works in vista so it may work in seven.
(assuming that you can find a legit install file for indeo- i think 5.11 was the last legit free version of indeo codec)

since it is old, the installer isn't "aware" of Vistas new security precautions.
so after you install the codec, you will have to "register" the filter with a few geeky keystrokes.

time to get your geek on...

Here are the 2 steps:

1. open a command prompt with administrator privileges.

A. if your login already has administrator privileges, simply open a command prompt using (Start -> Run -> type cmd -> [ENTER])

B. If you have Command Prompt on your Start menu, just right-click and choose Run as administrator. If not, open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and find cmd.exe - right-click and choose Run as administrator.

C. go to "start search" in the windows start menu.
type: cmd
cmd icon will show up, right-click and choose Run as administrator.

2. execute the following command:
regsvr32 ir50_32.dll

(to execute a command, type the above line out EXACTLY -including the space and the underscore- and hit "Enter" )

restart your computer.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

hey! nice, good to know this for an emergency sollution.

dru

Post by dru »

I had issues installing dxv codec on Win 7 (maybe for some system permissions reasons). After several unsuccessful attempts, I just got DXVWindows.qtx file from my old XP system from X:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem folder and put this manually in C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem in Win 7.
Now it works.
Hope this helps.

jacinthey

Post by jacinthey »

If my laptop is originally vista and now I want to install windows 7 does my drivers for my devices work in 7? I have a vista laptop and I want to change to window 7 but the I don't see any driver that will say that it will support windows 7so does that mean if it says it support vista then I am good?

external keyword tool ~ keyworddiscovery.com ~ keycompete.com ~ compete.com ~ webmasterworld.com

Alienwar3z

Post by Alienwar3z »

No problem with Avenue in Windows 7, works great!

Most drivers working on Vista are also working on 7... I have only updated the video card driver (Nvidia 9300), as Nvidia has released a special for 7.

Check the website of the manufacturer of your notebook, you should find something ..