Crash Resolume Avenue 3.1.3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Crash Resolume Avenue 3.1.3

Post by juLiE »

hi RAVE3 team ;)

not sure where to post this - crash issue 3.1.3 - i've been testing it on my full system, not VJ for your info

i start resolume, create a composition, save the composition, work, play, save more, etc. and the it crashes (not when saved). when i try to re-start it, it crashes again. when i remove this composition .avc file that i have currently been working on from \My Documents\ directory, it re-starts normal again.

then when i try to open to another comp file, resolume puts me in the C:\Program Files\Resolume Avenue 3.1.3\default directory as oppose to \My Documents\ dir. where my comps are normally stored.

since crashing was happening a lot, i thought maybe the comp avc. file was getting corrupted during the crash, so i copied it from \My Documents\ to my desktop as a back-up (before crash) in order to restore it back into \My Documents\ for the next time resolume crashed. however, this did not work and resolume was unable to restart (i even tried renaming it once and it still crashed).

i have the log file if interested, just tell me who to send it to, i forgot, thanx.

hope this is clear - i will test it on my VJ system soon.

ps: thanx for putting time switcher back :)
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Crash Resolume Avenue 3.1.3

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the feedback Julie, and for the clear steps on how to recreate the problem.

You can send the logfile to support*at*resolume*dot*com. We'll do our best to find a fix for it!

Joris

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

you're welcome Joris. sent log files today, thanx in advance for taking the time to review the files :)

ScamOne
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ScamOne »

I was having problems with Resolume crashing pretty much anytime I tried to do anything...

Someone posted on here that installing one of those codec packs was a bad idea - so I uninstalled the codec pack and I haven't had a crash since.

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

hi ScamOne - interesting name ;) thanx for your input.

hi Joris - i finally found some time to test on my VJ system which is very clean, never on the internet and only the necessary pgms, codecs, etc. installed - and i used RA3.1.1 on this same system for my italy project in 2009 without any issues.

this time, with the same scenario as before, resolume did not crash until i exited out of the program, after a final 'save' on my composition. and like on the full sys, then when i tried to restart RA3.1.3, it could not open due to trying to load this composition (as default). once this composition was removed from the folder, it restarted fine.

i had made a backup of my comp to my desktop and what is strange is that this time it re-opened the comp (from this different location), and then as a test, once it was opened, i immediately closed/quit resolume (without saving, without doing anything) and restarted it again to find to my surprise that it could not open this very same comp (as default) and crashed again.

question: does resolume do an automatic "save" on compositions when the user exists the pgm?

maybe there is an issue with how resolume saves and loads compositions in the PC environment? am i the only one to experience this issue out there?

i will send you my compositions files today. thanx you very much for your time.

sidenote: again, it put me in the program files folder when i requested to open my comp which is normally stored in my documents folder - is this a default of RA3 when it crashes?

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

Hello Julie,

About the autosave...
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think something is saved during exit of Resolume Avenue.(normal exit, no crash)

Every time I start Resolume it starts with the last used composition (if it was saved)...
If I create a new one, forget to save and exit Resolume, it won't load that new composition.... not the one before.. but just an empty composition.
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

Hi GeeEs :)

yes, makes sense not to auto save on exit and that's probably how resolume operates. and yes, it reloads comps like in 3.1.1.

however, somehow it appears as if something is getting altered or corrupted in my case (above). or maybe it has more to do with my source files, however the same source files worked fine in exactly the same manner in 3.1.1.

well, i don't know, but i have not had much time to continue to trial and error. will keep this topic updated when time permits...however, it appears that i'm the only one in the pc environment encountering this issue at this time :?