HD and hopefully 4K resolutions...

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: HD and hopefully 4K resolutions...

Post by sleepytom »

Ok so the heat got to my head and i've gone out and got a SSD and a GTX260. (paying the stupid high prices in dubai out of my own pocket)

now i'm really sad as i cannot get this working.
what I want is the following...
interface on DVI of my old graphics card (quadro FX1800)
output spanning both DVIs on the new graphics card (GTX260)

But as soon i have the output and the controls on different cards the output freezes? WTF?? I really NEED this to work and the advanced output mapping settings certainly seem to imply this function is available. I've tried all the permutations of dualview, span, primary and secondary all with the same results - as soon as we try and put the output on another card to the controls then the output freezes.

I hope this can be fixed soon (like really soon - i'm in trouble otherwise!)

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

@ sleepytom
you should use the gt260 as primary card for better performance!
the quadro has the same chip like a 9500 geforce!
i also don't more know about quadro cards in resolume setups....
but maybe other drivers (omega) or firmware flash can fix it

if the outputs are activated in windows and work, resolume should handle it!
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

sleepytom

Post by sleepytom »

Its not a case of getting better performance - its a case of getting ANY performance! The advanced output settings do not work for me. Resolume fails to display video if the interface is on one GPU and the output is on another. changing the primary secondary settings makes no difference, changing the multidisplay compatibility / performance settings makes no difference.

Hmm i dunno, it should work, but it doesn't so???

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Tom

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I assume that you've updated all your drivers, and that the cards are working as expected in other programs. If so, please send us a mail at support[at]resolume[dot]com, with the log file that Avenue creates on your computer:
PC: C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/Application Data/Resolume/Resolume Avenue 3 log.txt

Hopefully that will show us what is going wrong

Joris

olowski
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by olowski »

sleepytom wrote:Ok so the heat got to my head and i've gone out and got a SSD and a GTX260. (paying the stupid high prices in dubai out of my own pocket)

now i'm really sad as i cannot get this working.
what I want is the following...
interface on DVI of my old graphics card (quadro FX1800)
output spanning both DVIs on the new graphics card (GTX260)

But as soon i have the output and the controls on different cards the output freezes? WTF?? I really NEED this to work and the advanced output mapping settings certainly seem to imply this function is available. I've tried all the permutations of dualview, span, primary and secondary all with the same results - as soon as we try and put the output on another card to the controls then the output freezes.

I hope this can be fixed soon (like really soon - i'm in trouble otherwise!)
from my other post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6392
olowski wrote:hi, i tried 2x th2g connected to nvidia 280 and gt9600 as a secondary card for user interface. it works fine with 5 displays (5x800x600). i could use 6, but reso is limited to 4096px (ogl texture size limitation afaik, btw is it possible to get rid of this limit?).
i tried this 2 weeks ago and i run into same problem. on win7 it freezes in fullscreen.

than i tried to run it in windowed mode. i used winchaner.exe to get rid of borders and titlebar and to position my avenue display window correctly.

win7 is not supporting horizontal span so this is a good solution for such setups. you are probably running xp but maybe this trick will work for you. winchanger works with xp, vista and w7.
you can get a copy on http://my.opera.com/AyushJ/blog/winchanger . its standalone commandline executable.

to disable titlebar and borders in reso window just type "winchanger window-title:Avenue Display,0"

i hope you will finish your task, good luck.

from poland with love
_________
olowski
kolektyw kilku.com

sleepytom

Post by sleepytom »

I'm on XP64 currently - i'm going to try XP32 today and am hopeful that we will see progress in the better drivers than XP32 has. I will try OmegaDrivers too as they have been helpful in the past.

winchanger looks like a useful utility anyway - thanks for the link, though windowed mode is also not working for me - well it works if the window is on or paritialy on the same monitor as the interface but as soon as its totally dragged off on to the other GPU then it freezes.

olowski
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by olowski »

strange...
anyway, you can make composition 10px wider and left this 10px margin on UI display to avoid freeze. try switching to win7 and oryginal nvidia drivers, it works for me in 280 and 9600 setup. win7 is much more elastic when working on two pciexpress cards, believe me.
_________
olowski
kolektyw kilku.com

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

i also had most driver problems with xp64... i switched to win7 now and i'm very happy with it! (expect my old ati9200 and x1600mobile won't work on win7 64, i may test win7 32 prerelease or vista32 for my laptop)
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

sleepytom

Post by sleepytom »

got it working in XP32

was a bit of a pavarla but i've come to expect this when dealing with graphics cards!

still needed to use compatibility mode in the GL settings - does anyone actually understand what that means? any hope that resolume will one day work in "multidisplay performance mode"? "performance" sounds better than "compatability"!! ;)

Thanks for the help everyone. As ever reolume support is helpful and fast - sadly not something which can be said for the support departments of other tools being used on this project - a bit of a shame given the tools in question cost a vast amount of money!