Can playback stop on last frame?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
semorplastic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can playback stop on last frame?

Post by semorplastic »

I am not a VJ and new to all this but I have been looking to resolume as a device for orchestrating an interactive character performance that is controlled by midi triggers. It’s a fantastic piece of software but I think I am being thick or missing one simple thing. I am building an HD comp made up of loads of small animations of little characters interacting with each other. I have been trying to get the triggered clip to stop on the last frame of the movie but it always clears. I need to keep the footage/characters static on screen in a layer. I can get around this by having very, very long loops but I also have loads of layers (to many to pause) and it seams like such a simple function to have! What is also strange is when I first click on a bpm sync movie I get a yellow bar then I click on the play once button and it freezes on the last frame, great! But when I click off, and then back on the clip the bar goes and the playback clears. weird. Is it just how it is, do I just have a strange workflow or am I being a muppet.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Drew

http://www.tokyoplastic.com

olowski
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Can playback stop on last frame?

Post by olowski »

its impossible in resolume. use old good arkaos 3.61. i have same problems in theatre performances.
_________
olowski
kolektyw kilku.com

semorplastic

Post by semorplastic »

Really? wow, and there is no way around this? Long long loops it is then. I have had a play with grand vj but resolume just feels right to me. I love the form and function of it, besides I am putting together a jigsaw of 16 plus layered clips and grand can only handle 8, yes !?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey guys

When we programmed this functionality, we figured that the majority of users would like to have the clip ejected when done playing. If enough people are interested in leaving the clip on the last frame, we can always look into adding this functionality as well.

So, two votes in favour so far. Anyone else? :D

Joris

semorplastic

Post by semorplastic »

Thanks Joris

Good to know I am not being a dumb-ass. Its an easy work around for me and as I am not really using the software for strictly what it is meant for, fair enough. Would be interested to hear what other people think and will also share the project when done think you VJ guys might find it interesting.

Cheers.

Drew

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

i also imagine in such 3D mapping installations it would be very usefull... for example you play a solid wipe video which then stops at the first or last frame, depending von forwards/backwards playing!
i think the work should it be worth :geek:
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by sleepytom »

yes I would like this as an option, along with fade out, and goto next clip in layer.. (oh so many requests!)

For still on last frame i currently use a workaround that requires 2 resolume layers:- make jpegs from the last frame of each clip you want to freeze. Put these jpegs in a layer below the clips with the correct still for each clip directly under the clip. you can then use the coloum to trigger both the clip and the jpeg, when the clip finishes it will stop and the layer below (which contains the still) will become visable.

i've been using this a lot both to still on the endframe and to drop out to a static logo at the end of a clip - in this case it would be much nicer to have a fade out at the end rather than a hard stop. I can render this in as alpha channel to the clip but it would be nice to be able to do a fade out within the clip properites so it could be applied to exisiting clips.

jani

Post by jani »

I've got the same problem ...

For sure it could be nice to have it like an option ...

In the resolume 2.3 it was stopping on last frame ... very nice in theatre or for dance shows with small animations step by step ...

I started use resolume 3 because I was needing sound with video sending but now if I would like to stop in last frame I have to make long deck with a froozen image at the end of my animation, and make a pause ....

I think this option could be sometimes good sometimes wrog depending of the use ... so I hope it will appaer in a few times like an effect to activate or not.

I enjoy the resolume's actions and evolutions and hope to find more options ... Really nice jobs to resolume team.

John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by John McGeoch »

Yes please - an option would be fantastic - I used this a lot in 2.41 and now it`s a pain for any theatre / installation / choreography work - cheers John

axn

Post by axn »

Just read this. Yes please do this. We just bought resolume cant't figure out that this option was removed..