Grab Content of Window and use it as VideoSource

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
klaus.meier
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Grab Content of Window and use it as VideoSource

Post by klaus.meier »

Hello,
I would like to grab the content of a window and use it as videosource / Cpature Device in Resolume.
It would be also cool, if ist worked over LAN, so the content of Computer x / Window y can be streamed to my Resolume.

Which tool may can do this?

Any hints are very appreciated.

Greetings - Klaus

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Grab Content of Window and use it as VideoSource

Post by pleasuretek »

hmmm.... great idea, kinda tricky to do. You need a fast network... Use VHScrCap to grab arbitrary window (assuming you are working in Microsoft Windows) of window you want to use as source. This will allow you to input into resolume (on computer A). You then would use fugStream to stream across network to resolume (computer B) and computer B is attached to projector...

Im curious why you need a setup like this (why not get hardware that can do it all on one machine) And what is being rendered? If it is just a video file on another machine that you want access to across the network, then provide computer B with access to A's video files. Are you trying to grab video from a freeframe enabled application(cause you could just use fugStream all on one computer) ?
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

klaus.meier
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by klaus.meier »

Sorry for late reply - rather busy these days...
It's more about to find out what and how things are possible.

What I need is to have several VideoSources - which may run on other laptops (for example Milkdrop / WinAmp), or R4 or VJo, a DivX Video ...

So I can not install additional Hardware as having a PC.
The only fast transportmedium is firewire or 100 MB LAN.

Very interesting would be a Software Graphic Card.
The Stream of the SoftwareCard can be send over LAN and on the other side there is another kind of software, which can directly be used as VideoSource in Avenue.

May I can achieve this with fugStream ...

I also found an interesting tool called MaxiVista - which allows to expand the desktop to another PC/Laptop.
http://www.maxivista.com

C U

rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by rxfromparis »

dont think Maxvista will work, and using a video input card will cause a slight delay to your video input, so it will be less syncho, not great if your using Milk or R4. You could record your Milk or R4 output and then make loops that are sychro (even if they are long, i have some stuff that will snchro for 32 bars).
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))