output monitor problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
minniemouse
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

output monitor problem

Post by minniemouse »

Hi there, I've just downloaded Avenue to my MacBook and there's this awful interference on the output monitor, where half the screen periodically goes white and flickers. I'm running the demo version- is this white flickering on the output monitor something that will go once I get the full version or is there some other reason for it?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: output monitor problem

Post by Joris »

Hey Minniemouse

We've seen this happen on the older model white (not unibody) MacBooks. They have an older graphics card in them, that theoretically shouldn't be able to run Resolume at all. In general, disabling and re-enabling the blend modes and composition effects in the Video of the Preferences makes the problem go away.

The only limitation on the demo is a watermark on the output, so this issue is not something that goes away when you buy a license.

If you have a different model MacBook, or if the disabling trick doesn't work for you, could you use the Send Feedback option in Resolume to send us your logfile?

Joris

minniemouse

Post by minniemouse »

Hi Joris,

Thanks very much for your reply :) I tried disabling and re-enabling the blend modes and composition effects in the Video of the Preferences, and this seems to work ok but does seem rather unstable. The only thing is that on my computer, whenever I try to import one of those sample Orange strings dxv files, Resolume crashes. These files run OK on Quick Time player.

Could this be because my Mac doesn't have the Ati-Radeon graphics card installed? You're right, i am running one of the first Macbooks- a white 13" screen machine. I run OS x Tiger, with 2gb ram installed. I could install Leopard.

Would it be worth my while installing Leopard and/or buying an Ati-Radeon card for my machine?

What is the logfile on my Macbook, and where would I find it, if you need me to send you that. Is there any other info you need from me in order to ensure I can run Resolume on my Macbook?

Or is it best just to buy one of the latest Macbooks? (not that I have lots of spare cash!!)

best regards,

Mm

minniemouse

Post by minniemouse »

Hi Joris,

Doh! Just realised the logfile is sent via Resolume preferences - have just sent it, as the software doesn't seem to be running well on my old Macbook. M :?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Minniemouse

You should have received a reply via mail as well, but for other people checking this thread:

Actually we're quite surprised Avenue runs on that particular generation of MacBooks at all. In general if your laptop does not have an graphics card with dedicated memory (which this generation MB's doesn't have), Resolume most likely will not run. Unfortunately most laptops cannot be upgraded to a another graphics card, so getting an Ati Radeon will not be of much use.

Joris