Flash vs HTML5

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VJsynC
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Flash vs HTML5

Post by VJsynC »

yeah.. me too having problems with flash, after the update from adobe non of my flash content works. they just simply stop at the first frame, damn adobe each time that makes an updates keeps always f******ing third party apps that requires flash plugins to render content.

guys(and by that i mean resolume programmers), can i make a suggestion here? why don't you simply remove flash from resolume and instead use HTML 5 to render the flash content? html 5 is much more stable, it can render flash in a piece of cake and gives much much more possibilities to interface directly with content being in flash or html5 native video. even folks at youtube are surrendered to html 5.

kisses and hugs,
sync.

oh, and by the way, html5 is much much much more light than flash, giving to resolume 3 and the computer where it runs the possibility to leave much more free memory recourses for other things...

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: BUG? Has Flash 10.1 broken "Autonomous"?

Post by craftycurate »

VJsynC wrote:yeah.. me too having problems with flash, after the update from adobe non of my flash content works. they just simply stop at the first frame, damn adobe each time that makes an updates keeps always f******ing third party apps that requires flash plugins to render content.

guys(and by that i mean resolume programmers), can i make a suggestion here? why don't you simply remove flash from resolume and instead use HTML 5 to render the flash content? html 5 is much more stable, it can render flash in a piece of cake and gives much much more possibilities to interface directly with content being in flash or html5 native video. even folks at youtube are surrendered to html 5.

kisses and hugs,
sync.

oh, and by the way, html5 is much much much more light than flash, giving to resolume 3 and the computer where it runs the possibility to leave much more free memory recourses for other things...
Ah so it wasn't just me experiencing the stopping on frame 1 thing.

I don't think removing anything is going to happen. Add HTML5 maybe, but Flash is there to stay.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

flash will die... believe me, just ask to the 2 biggest players in software, apple and microsoft.
Apple doesn't even includes flash to iphones and ipads and the mac os net far from today will be the next one to not allow the flash. microsoft on the other hand will include natively html5 into their internet explorer 9

you can also see videos from youtube where steve jobs and bill talk about html5 and many many other people talks and make comparisons between html5 and flash.

really mate, for what i'v seen, html5 will be the thing!!!

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by craftycurate »

I meant that it's there to stay in Resolume, for now anyway.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

yeah but it should´t.

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7nt-Ock ... re=related

and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zE5gzN ... re=related (in this video he's right in some things but others i desagree)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_pgrEkPcJM
this is a comparison between flash anf html5 using system recourses.

ridiculoid
Is taking Resolume on a second date

BUG? Has Flash 10.1 broken "Autonomous"?

Post by ridiculoid »

So, you use flash-encoded video in your sets? I've always assumed that allowing .swf as a source in Resolume was only useful to allow for a way to use vector graphics and/or interactivity, not for pure video content. You also miss out on the boost DXV gives you if you're using flash-encoded video.

All of the coverage HTML5-rendered video has been receiving is about delivering video in a web browser. You've already got a much richer interface for delivering video if you're using Resolume, so comparing Flash with HTML 5 in this context seems pretty pointless.

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

you'v get all wrong.

When we are talking about flash content we mean (or at least i mean) editable text !!!!!!! and a bunch of swf with vector animations, not the typical videos that you see on youtube.

the example of delivering html5 video on a browser that's just because, till now it's the main use (or the first) that is being used in a large scale, that's why i called "an example" that doesn't mean it couldn't be used for other situations like.... apps.

get it? good, now let's dance! :D

ridiculoid

Post by ridiculoid »

I get it, I assumed you must be referring to flash-encoded video as that would have at least made some sense.

You can't compare Flash with HTML5 functionality at this point, there's just no competition in terms of what you can do with Flash versus what you can do with the HTML 5 layout engine.

Have you got a specific example of something you'd do with HTML5 that would surpass a Flash solution in the next few years (HTML5 doesn't even come out of draft format until 2020!)? Convince me, please!

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

what do you want? perhaps a game like... Quake2 running with it's engine in html 5? ok then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTnHjPH ... re=related

Artificial intelligence in HTML5? sure, why not...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTj6F1OaK0A

And a here, a video showing the current apps that uses HTML 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00bTqPr2 ... re=related

yes, till now the whole html5 discussions rounds around browsers, but that doesn't mean that it can't be used in aplications, i'm sure that someone will do some kind of plugin or so, to install for third party software being able to read html5 content like flash plugin, or probably a so called html5 plug in would't even be necessary because applications can call some Os's API's that do the job for them or Browsers engine to read and render html5 content without opening the browser itself and render directly from the app.

ridiculoid

Re: Flash vs HTML5

Post by ridiculoid »

I personally don't want any of that, at least not from within Resolume. Quake 2 runs just fine in the Quake 2 environment, AI in any number of environments, and you can pipe that into Resolume as a video stream, right now and ever since cam feeds have been possible. What does HTML5 bring to this?