no fft sound input

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Schaupau
Is taking Resolume on a second date

no fft sound input

Post by Schaupau »

hi there,

i have no audio input when i am playing a soundfile in a mediaplayer (qt, vlc, wmplayer).
soundcard is proper installed and working (realtek).
i am using win7 (64bit).

i can change the external audio fft input to whatever and push the input gain to the limit...
nothing happens...

also sometimes, the bpm-resync is not working. bpm-counter is getting the input from the Tap
but the beat is not changing from 1.1 and the selected effect is not reacting.

any suggestions?
Oli

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8700 : 2.53 GHz 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M with 1024MB GDDR3 VRAM

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: no fft sound input

Post by Joris »

Hey Oli

By default, Resolume won't be able to detect audio playing on the same computer. You'd need to use a microphone or some routing software. Alternatively you could perhaps route the audio back to the line-in of the soundcard.

Regarding the clock not starting, this is sometimes caused by wrong soundcard settings, or if you have enabled midi clock for external midi devices. If you send screenshots of your audio and midi prefs to the support mail address, we can take a look for you.

Joris

deemyze
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by deemyze »

Does this mean I should be able to use FFT instead of WAVESUM or WAVETICK to set a bpm via a MIC input?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

No, I'm afraid it doesn't mean that.

The only way to get a BPM in Resolume without third party plugins is still good old tapping.