multi screen Avenue setup

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjquark
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: multi screen Avenue setup

Post by vjquark »

Tschoepler wrote:
ridiculoid wrote:3 outputs on each card (2 x VGA and 1 x either HDMI or DisplayPort)
:geek: I have a 5770 and the new Radeon cards support 2xDVI not VGA (of course you can connect an adapter). Furthermore they only support 3 displays if the DisplayPort is used. So you could connect either 1xDVI 1xHDMI 1xDP or 2xDVI 1xDP. 2xDVI 1xHDMI won't work!
u can use the third output via ATI eyefinity mode... all u need is Driver version 8.66 (ATI Catalyst ™ 9.10) or above is required to support ATI Eyefinity Technology and an ACTIVE!!! DP to DVI or HDMI or VGA dongle on the third output (the first two can be regular passive adapters)... u can get one on amazon.com..

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-005B ... 942&sr=8-1

There is a new variation of ATI 5870 called Eyefinity, it has 6 mini DP outputs , 2x DVI or 1x DVI+HDMI or 2x VGA can be used with regular passive adpaters and the rest must be active

Connectivity Requirements: ATI Eyefinity technology is supported by graphics cards in the ATI Radeon™ HD 5400 series and higher. These cards can support up to six monitors (depending on the model), subject to the following restrictions:
• A maximum of 2 legacy monitors (VGA, DVI or HDMI) can be enabled simultaneously, provided that each monitor is connected either directly or via a “passive” DisplayPort™ adapter/dongle. “Passive” adapters/dongles will NOT support more than 2 legacy monitors.
• To enable support for more than 2 monitors, “active” DisplayPort™ adapters/dongles are required (or monitors with direct DisplayPort™ connectivity must be used).
• Approved “active” adapters have no general connectivity restrictions with ATI Eyefinity technology.

more info : http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/pro ... inity.aspx

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Hi to all.
I have just ordered my MacBookPro. I am finally going to be able to use all Avenue´s potential, cause my old notebook suxx. ; )
I was requested by some partners to learn and use the Dataton Watchout system. It was no big deal and very cool. Still I am looking for an Avenue solution and it seems to me that some of you were already sucessfull on this.
So I am inclined on buying the Matrox TripleHead2Go T2G-A3A-AJF VGA Interface.
The goal is not only to have multiple displays capability, but to have a huge video format presentation, like 2400x600 as mentioned before.
Well, Watchout has some auto blending capabilities that allows you to overlay projections (let´s say 20% of the screen on each side - display on center) to have a seamless projection.
Have any of you guys considered this and a solution to work that way on Avenue. Perhaps a simple gradient mask for each layer?
Comments, new configs and updates on your evolution with those tests are very very very welcome.
Thanks a lot in advance,

Paulo Felberg

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Paulo, I have the same setup described on top (2400x600 through a TH2GO).
Yes, you can make some simple png masks for edge blending, and use one layer per clip adjusting the size and position. Anyway, take a look at this threat

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Tks for your reply Francoe.
Now finally the Mac has arrived and so the TH2go.
I´ve read someone´s setup on the forum (HerrNieDa´s, perhaps) stating that he was able to config 3 displays on Avenue, by connecting the TH2go but actually not connecting the external display devices. Is that possible?
Is the TH2go "plug and play" on the Mac?
My Mac only finds one extra display when I simply connect the TH2go. Is there a need for any other setup or Mac driver to download?
Oh my.. I have am event in a week and still need to config everything ; )

Aby help is appreciated.

Paulo

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

nonono :D
the triple head makes virtually one display.
in resolume the triple head is only 1 display!
you must have a computer with a graphic card which supports multiple outputs or you run on multiple graphic cards.

what you mean not connecting the output devices?

if you want to run on a macbook over 3 screens in 2400x600, i would advise you to test it with beamers or monitors before.
i don't think that it will really run smooth if you want to use more layers and effects, expect you may have the newest macbook with ati 6750 gpu ;)
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Oh no!!! I am dead now!
I am not quite sure I am following you!
I bought a Mac (is not the latest release) with 8GB RAM and the Nvidea GForce GT 330M 512MB.
I also bought the Matrox TH2go - I´ve thought I´ve learned here that I could have that to project to three different displays at once.
I´ve read some people setup explaining how to accomplish that with Avenue and the TH2go. I do not intent to be very graphic intensive but I have already sold that out to some clients.
And now you tell me that I will not have that? (sure it is not your fault, business) I am desperate!

As you said, I am on a MacBookPro and I want to test it.
But how to setup 3 different displays on Avenue if my mac and Avenue are actually just recognizing one extra display - as you said they would virtually do?
What I am missing?

tks for your help.

Paulo

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Just a few more bit of info...
What I want is to run a 2400x600 composition in Avenue.
I want to use TH2go to send the same info to 3 different display devices.
I want to setup composition and layers to distribute part of the images to each respective display device (projectors). Like 3x 800x600 displays.
Now... how to setup that as I read some people do here, if I cannot create new virtual displays on Avenue?
I have the Matrox TH2go connected and I can see only a second display.

tks

Paulo

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

What's the resolution of that second screen?

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

I think I have a theory and it might be a solution to me (please check prevoious three posts). Now it is just a matter of testing.
I got a call from Matrox support (what actually surprised me) and at first they said that the analog version I got was not compatible for the Mac, or for 90% of the cases. They suggest model T2G-DP-IF.
Anyway, mine is compatible and it is working fine since I was told by you and they that I only got ONE adittional display device. That stuff confused me a lot.
So, all I ave to do now is to:
- set the composition to 2400x600 or 1920x480 the better it goes;
- set output to display 2;
- adjust layers´ sizes and positions to virtually match 'screens' positions. TH2go will do the rest, spliting the images (layes´positions) to the correct output (display device).
That´s it. Sounds good so far.

Please, comments are very welcome.

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

goto10, I downloaded software from the Matrox site which allows me to set second display resolution to 800x600, 1920x480 or 2400x600.