Mask Problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ridiculoid
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Mask Problems

Post by ridiculoid »

Hi Joris,

See following pics for examples of what's happening (the same clip is triggered each time in a different layer to the same output).

1. Clip displays but the mask doesn't
face-displays-no-mask.jpg
face-displays-no-mask.jpg (88.04 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
2. Clip displays but it's the wrong mask.
face-displays-wrong-mask.jpg
face-displays-wrong-mask.jpg (88.51 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
3. Clip doesn't display at all
face-clip-no-display.jpg
face-clip-no-display.jpg (86.35 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
4. Different clip triggered on the same layer as 1. where everything works as expected. This clip originally had the same issues but I deleted and reapplied a mask.
clip-and-mask-working.jpg
clip-and-mask-working.jpg (86.1 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
Also, while I was making these screen shots, I noticed that if the centre clip isn't triggered at all, the masks in the left and right clips decrease in size. This actually seems to be the intended size but the difference is subtle and I hadn't noticed it before.
Left: without the centre clip triggered; Right: with the centre clip triggered
Left: without the centre clip triggered; Right: with the centre clip triggered
mask-size-difference.jpg (9.2 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
I'm going to try a fresh composition in 3.3.1 to see if I can replicate this, though I'm suspicious that this is happening due to opening a composition in 3.3.1 which was built in 3.2.0 (could it be this simple? no issues with this composition in 3.2.0).

EDIT: have emailed support@resolume.com with instructions for replicating a couple of these issues.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Mask Problems

Post by francoe »

I haved this weird behaviour droping random JPG files, and with PNGs before reflattened in photoshop.
Take care that a PNG file isn't a flat thing. The specification allows several channels (indexed, grayscale and truecolor, alpha), and a lot of variables (interlaced, compression, etc). I don't know how resolume interpret the data, or if just use the system filters, but clearly some kind of PNG files works and another fails.
I think that this issue is related to that.