Can't seem to enable Artnet dmx input

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sjp
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can't seem to enable Artnet dmx input

Post by sjp »

Working with latest demo download of avenue.

Is DMX available in the demo version??

In Preferences -> DMX, under "Artnet" I cannot enable the radio button labelled "dmx input"... am i looking at this right? or is this just an indicator light?

Attempting artnet control from Magicq over ethernet cable. but can't seem to enable it... does magicq need to be up and connected and broadcasting for it to work??

any thoughts would be appreciated..

dbassix
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Can't seem to enable Artnet dmx input

Post by dbassix »

You have to enable ArtNet at your MagicQ Console. Otherwise you can't enable the DMX Input. It is working in the DEMO Version, but watermarked. Also check your IP Address. It's usefull to take the ArtNet IP-Range for example

HOST (MagicQ): 2.1.1.1
NODE (Resolume): 2.1.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0

You can try different IPs, but most ArtNet Hosts only work in this IP-Range and Subnet Mask.

sjp
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by sjp »

thanks for the response! I'm sussing it out... I'm also attempting to run magicq on the same pc as avenue. Don't think it'll work that way, tho...

dbassix
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by dbassix »

Try to set your IPs to localhost (127.0.0.1), but i won't recommend to have both running on one system, as for performance issues.

Rainschn
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Rainschn »

Is Artnet still working with the Arena 4.1.11? I have the same Problem: I'm running Arena 4.1.11 in the DemoVersion on my Laptop (to program MagicQ) and Arena says that there is no Connection.
Magic Q has the same ip as the Laptop has and Arena is running on the same Computer. ArtNet is enabeld in MagicQ and seems to work.
Might it be, that DMX via Artnet is not allowed in the demo Version of Arena??
Greetings from Germany
Rainschn

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I don't believe Resolume supports localhost (127.0.0.1) Artnet connections. Have you tested with Magic Q on a different laptop?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As Oaktown says, Artnet works, but you cannot receive Artnet on the same port that is sending it.

This is officially not supported in the Artnet protocol: a sender node cannot be a receiving node at the same time.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

As a note, Vezer 1.4 (the newest release) offers "Art-Net not using exclusive mode anymore, so you can send DMX to localhost" but I haven't tested that feature yet with Resolume so I don't know if it works.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Put magicq in a virtual machine. It works then, also works with the wings.

Rainschn
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Rainschn »

I've got problems with ArtNet to. I must say I'm very familiar with networking and art net is not very new to me...
So my machines have different ip-Adresses with '2...' and the Subnet is 255.0.0.0.
I'm using Chamsys with Artnet enabled with an ArtNetNode and this works fine for a long time.
I'm using Resolume with Artnet to. On one machine everything works fine. But on another machine i got the following message on the attached DMX-Configuration sheet:

What do the error messages mean?
I'm using my Resolume via Network (yes of cause with an ArtNetIP) and the composition is saved on a connected Mac and as well all the Videos. But I don't think that it has anything to do with the ArtNet problems...
BTW: THE other Mac is the Mac which has Resolume on it as well and it works fine with Artnet...
Attachments
What does it mean: Composition is not configured?? ...and so on...
What does it mean: Composition is not configured?? ...and so on...
Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-07 um 08.36.12.png (38.39 KiB) Viewed 12110 times
Greetings from Germany
Rainschn