Can't seem to enable Artnet dmx input

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Can't seem to enable Artnet dmx input

Post by drazkers »

Rainschn wrote:I've got problems with ArtNet to. I must say I'm very familiar with networking and art net is not very new to me...
So my machines have different ip-Adresses with '2...' and the Subnet is 255.0.0.0.
I'm using Chamsys with Artnet enabled with an ArtNetNode and this works fine for a long time.
I'm using Resolume with Artnet to. On one machine everything works fine. But on another machine i got the following message on the attached DMX-Configuration sheet:

What do the error messages mean?
I'm using my Resolume via Network (yes of cause with an ArtNetIP) and the composition is saved on a connected Mac and as well all the Videos. But I don't think that it has anything to do with the ArtNet problems...
BTW: THE other Mac is the Mac which has Resolume on it as well and it works fine with Artnet...
Is contextualDmxShortcuts.xml in your defaults folder?

Rainschn
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Rainschn »

Yes it is. :cry:

And i tried to reinstall Resolume on my mac but i'm not sure if even the uninstall worked, because after uninstall (via putting the Arena Icon from the program folder to the basket) the icon is still in the dock and arena starts if nothing happened. So i tried to reinstall without complete uninstall and the error messages are still the same...
Greetings from Germany
Rainschn

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

That error just means that Resolume can't load the DMX automap. You can still use Composition DMX Mapping to use DMX.

If you want to use the DMX automap, make sure you don't move anything out of their default locations after install ( especially not the app itself ). Then quit Resolume, trash your config.xml and start Resolume again.

The config.xml can be found in Documents / Resolume Arena 4 / preferences /

Rainschn
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Rainschn »

I solved it!
The problem was the contextualDmxShortcuts.xml! I don't know why, but it was as good as empty! After replacing it with the Version from the other Mac, everything works fine! :)
...but i still don't know what i've could done to have this error. :shock:
Greetings from Germany
Rainschn