Flash won't playback

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
teekay101
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Flash won't playback

Post by teekay101 »

None of the Flash content I'm loading into Resolume Avenue 3.3.1 will playback. The swf will load and show at it's initial state, but that's the best I can get.

None of the example files seem to work. They will all load in at their first frame, but none of them will playback or accept my parameter changes. The springy example, it loads in but doesn't do anything. None of the preloaded Flash files are accepting any of my parameters or reacting. I take it that when I hit the "surprise" button from the main example, a monkey is supposed to show... correct? Nothing happens when I hit surprise.

Am I doing something wrong? Music is playing back and everything else is working fine... just not Flash. It's always frozen on the first frame and none of the scripting is working.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem? I've tried using external displays too thinking that maybe just the preview window wasn't working, but no luck there either.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 with Flash 10,2,153,1 installed. Top of the line laptop with great specs, and an NVIDIA card.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Flash won't playback

Post by Joris »

Give the 3.3.2 update a try, it has improved Flash playback.

John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by John McGeoch »

I have had this problem for months ( I bought the READ ME Flash package and it wouldn`t run, I then tested all the examples and also no go ) and it continued with my new machine - Vaio Z13 i7 Nvidia GT330M Windows 7 pro - exactly as you say, Flash files just load frozen and any Text change is not implemented - updating to 3.32 has not made any difference to the problem, nor has updating Nvidia drivers, or re-installing Flash and Resolume.

genialink
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by genialink »

Hi Guys,

I've got the same problem as John McGeoch. I use the 3.3.2 version of Res Ave but *.SWF files won't seem to work properly. I loaded the examples from Resolume and they do load into Resolume but nothing else happens. The Textzoomer files for examples loads 2 textinput fields instead of one (SEE IMAGE). My own made *.SWF files seems to bug aswell I get extra textfiels aswell. Does anyone had an solution yet. I have to mention that als the files i used work properly on my mac version. SB Help me out I need this to work before this weekend, THNX

HENRY
Attachments
resolume2.PNG
resolume2.PNG (37.14 KiB) Viewed 6074 times